This project addresses excess nutrients in Peltier Lake, Centerville Lake and the city of Lino Lakes chain of lakes (George Watch, Marshan, Reshanau, Rice and Baldwin). The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) contracted with Emmons & Olivier Resources Inc. to develop the Peltier and Centerville TMDL studies. The Rice Creek Watershed District (RCWD) contracted with Wenck and Associates to develop the Lino Chain TMDL studies. RCWD has otherwise provided technical support, led stakeholder involvement and has been the primary coordinator for implementation planning in the watershed.
Map and location
The Rice Creek watershed is located in the Mississippi River - Twin Cities watershed within the Upper Mississippi River basin, in the northern Twin Cities metro area.
Map of these lakes in Anoka County, see the Upper Mississippi River Basin map.
TMDL report and implementation plan
- Lino Lakes Chain of Lakes TMDL Implementation Plan (May 2010) (wq-iw11-13c)
- Peltier Lake and Centerville Lake TMDL Implementation Plan (August 2013) (wq-iw11-02c)
- Lino Lakes Chain of Lakes Nutrient TMDL
- Lino Lakes TMDL: EPA Approval Letter
- Peltier Lake and Centerville Lake TMDL EPA approval 11/25/2013)
- Peltier Lake and Centerville Lake TMDL: EPA approval letter (wq-iw11-02g)
Meetings and events
Peltier Lake, Centerville Lake, and Chain of Lakes TMDL Public Meeting: Thursday, July 31, 2008, Lino Lakes City Hall.
Eric Alms, Project Manager
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
520 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155