Join our team!
- Advance the protection of the environment and human health.
- Earn competitive pay and great benefits including a pension plan.
- Gain opportunities for professional development and advancement.
- Work with colleagues committed to our mission and environmental justice.
- Enjoy a culture that promotes work-life balance and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Meaningful work in a variety of fields
Studying environmental conditions and how to correct pollution problems
Implementing regulations and environmental protection programs
- compliance and enforcement
- policy and planning
- education and outreach
Professional services to support our mission
- data services
Opportunities for the coming workforce
- GreenCorps members
- jobs for students and recent graduates
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. See contact information below to request disability assistance in the application process.
Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
The MPCA cultivates a workplace culture that is of, by, and for all MPCA staff so that employees may bring their authentic selves to work and contribute to protecting and improving the environment and health of all Minnesotans. We strive to hire people who are committed to our mission and reflect the diversity of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, ability, and age of all Minnesotans. We seek to foster a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive culture that helps us do excellent work, retain a diverse workforce, and serve all Minnesota residents.
Contact MPCA's Human Resources team for a copy of this document in other formats.
Expectations for employees
Our employees are critical to ensuring the agency culture is equitable and inclusive. Having a diverse workforce that reflects Minnesota's population helps us to more effectively address the issues faced by the state's residents. To foster this environment, our employees must:
- take respectful workplace training and behave respectfully to all colleagues and stakeholders.
- complete the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) and meet with IDI trainers to discuss the results and opportunities for improvement.
- earn credits for cultural competency training each year.
Our Equity Committee sponsors a wealth of educational resources and learning and discussion opportunities to enhance employees' understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion issues.