Is my project eligible for funding?
Municipal wastewater and stormwater projects must meet some requirements to be eligible for funding from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund (SRF) or Point Source Implementation Grants (PSIG).
Stormwater project requirements
- Addresses water quality needs (ponds for water quality may also include associated flood control benefits)
- Consists of permanent stormwater treatment structures
- Based on accepted engineering practices that result in water quality benefits
Wastewater project requirements
- Involves building new or improving, rehabilitating, expanding, or replacing existing wastewater collection or treatment facilities
Prioritizing projects for funding
To prepare the Project Priority List (PPL), which determines funding priorities for SRF loans and Point Source Implementation Grants, the MPCA scores and ranks stormwater and wastewater projects following criteria contained in Minn. R. 7077.0117 to 7077.0119. Projects are prioritized based on several factors, including:
- The type of water the project discharges to and whether it's in need of specific protections or pollutant reductions
- If the project will help correct certain kinds of water quality problems
- If the project will reduce the volume of stormwater being discharged
Apply now to be on the 2022 PPL and Intended Use Plan (IUP) for the Clean Water and Drinking Water SRFs. Projects must be listed on the appropriate PPL to be eligible for the SRFs or Clean Water Legacy Fund programs. Projects must be on the 2022 IUP if they are seeking SRF financing in state fiscal year 2022 (July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022).
|Deadlines||2022 PPL projects (7/1/21 - 6/30/22)||2023 PPL projects (7/1/22 - 6/30/23)|
|Stormwater or wastewater project plans due to the MPCA (to ensure priority review)||March 5, 2021||
March 4, 2022
|Request for placement on the Clean Water PPL due (MPCA)||March 5, 2021||
March 4, 2022
|Request for placement on the Drinking Water PPL due (MDH)||May 7, 2021||
May 6, 2022
|Request for placement on Intended Use Plan due to the PFA||June 4, 2021||June 3, 2022|
|MPCA's preliminary approval of wastewater facilities and stormwater project plans for Intended Use Plan||June 30, 2021||
June 30, 2022
2021 PPL and IUP
The state's Public Facilities Authority (PFA) prepares an annual Intended Use Plan based on the MPCA's PPL. It lists the projects and activities eligible for Clean Water SRF dollars during the state fiscal year.
Projects and activities the PFA intends to fund from the Clean Water SRF in state fiscal year (FY) 2021 (July 1, 2020, to June 30, 2021).
- 2021 Intended Use Plan (Minnesota PFA)
- 2021 Project Priority List (MPCA)
- Bill Dunn (651-757-2324, cell: 651-402-1639)