Every local unit of government that administers an SSTS program must have at least one staff person trained in the administrative requirements of the program. The training consists of 13 videos (each is less than 15 minutes) and a brief quiz for each.
Before starting the videos, print out the quiz and the companion documents.
Quizzes – Answer the quiz questions as you view each video (it is an open-computer test!). Record the date you watched the video and add your initials to the top right of each completed quiz and keep them on file.
Companion documents – Companion documents will help you follow along with the training and may provide additional information.
If you have questions during the videos, please take notes and contact Brandon Montgomery (651-757-2230) for assistance.
SSTS administrative training videos
These link to YouTube videos and will open in a new browser window.
- Welcome and introduction
- Program goals
- Laws and rules
- SSTS principles
- Certification and licensing
- Expectations for LGUs
- Records compliance and annual reporting
- SSTS design and permits
- Verify soils and construction inspections
- Basic septic system operation and maintenance
- Ensuring compliance
- SSTS resources for local program administrators
- Alternative local standards
Video companion documents
Print out and keep for handy reference while watching the videos.
- Video 1 companion document (Welcome/Introduction)
- Video 2 companion document (Program Goals)
- Video 3 companion document (Principles)
- Video 4 companion document (Certification/Licensing)
- Video 5 companion document (Laws/Rules)
- Video 6 companion document (Expectations for LGUs)
- Video 7 companion document (Records/Annual Reporting)
- Video 8 companion document (SSTS Design/Permits)
- Video 9 companion document (Soil Verification)
- Video 10 companion document (Operation/Maintenance)
- Video 11 companion document (Compliance)
- Video 12 companion document (Resources for Local Administrators)
- Video 13 companion document (Alternative Local Standards)