Annual reports for permitted facilities, permit-by-rule solid waste facilities, and utilization projects are due February 1 for the preceding calendar year. (Composting and recycling facility reports are due March 1.)
- Data entry must be done using ReTRAC Connect and the account created for each solid waste facility.
- Permitted facilities required to submit environmental monitoring data must submit that data through EQuIS. (Facilities that do not have groundwater, surface water, leachate, or gas monitoring requirements do not have to complete this step).
- Submitting a complete electronic file copy including all additional information required by your permit (follow the instructions in the Annual Report Submittal Form in Re-TRAC). If you have multiple facilities, you must submit separate reports for each facility.
ReTRAC data submittal
Each facility has a unique login and password set up by the facility. The login is your e-mail address. If you have forgotten your password, use the link on the ReTRAC page to reset it.
Facility operational data must be submitted using ReTRAC: waste types managed, waste volumes, leachate volumes, gas generation, tip fees, and personnel training information.
Each facility is assigned reporting forms based on the waste activities at the facility.
- Land disposal (open and closed)
- Transfer station
- Refuse-derived fuel
Complete the required forms in ReTRAC with your facility information. Make sure you do not have any error messages and that you have checked the “certify” box. Then, submit each form. A green “COMPLETED” tag shows the form has been submitted.
Forms should be updated to reflect the current activities at the facility. If you have questions regarding the forms, please use the Program Support Request form within ReTRAC to submit questions to the MPCA. If you need password assistance please contact ReTRAC directly. For all other account issues: Barbara Monaco, 651-757-2787.
Forms should be updated to reflect the current activities at the facility.
Video tutorials. Form-specific tutorials (2-6 min. each) will walk you through each process and required information. We recommend that all facilities should watch the tutorial on the annual report submittal form.
- Solid waste report overview
- General information
- Recycling activity
- Solid waste land disposal activity
- Waste received for land disposal
- Solid waste transfer area
- Waste-to-energy and refuse-derived fuel processing
- Annual report submittal form
Once your ReTRAC forms are complete and you have compiled the supporting documents, each facility must submit an annual report. The report must include copies of the completed data entry screens from ReTRAC and all supporting documents. The required supporting documents are listed on the General Information form or are documented in your solid waste permit.
The Annual Report Submittal Form in ReTRAC will be used to submit the complete annual report to the MPCA. This form will allow users to drop the annual report into an MPCA folder. There is no file size limit here, so please combine all supporting information into one (1) PDF file. If your report contains proprietary data, there will be separate folders to submit both the public and not public versions of the report. Questions regarding this process: Lisa Mojsiej, 651-757-2373.
Helpful links and documents:
- Payment rate estimate table (w-sw7-26)
- Solid waste annual report data must be submitted using ReTRAC Connect.
- Volume-to-weight conversion factors (U.S. EPA)
All environmental monitoring data including groundwater, surface water, leachate, gas, and soil monitoring results should be submitted electronically. The MPCA has converted to the Environmental Quality Information System (EQuIS) data environment. Facilities need to comply with the EQuIS submittal format Lab_MN after February 1, 2016. (U.S. EPA no longer supports the STORET Data Warehouse.)
- Download the Lab_MN submittal files and supporting documentation from the EQuIS developer (EarthSoft): http://www.earthsoft.com/products/edp/edp-format-for-mnpca/
- All data submitted in Lab_MN must be e-mailed to MPCA: email@example.com
The materials necessary for submitting Solid Waste electronic data in the Lab_MN format are the EQuIS Data Processor (EDP), EQuIS Data Deliverable (EDD), Reference values file, Chain of Custody (COC), and Lab_MN supporting materials file. As part of the installation process the software will ask you for a registration code; use Lab42MinnEq
If you have any questions about Lab_MN or about the Lab_MN submittal process please contact David Vaaler (651-757-2400 or David.Vaaler@state.mn.us).
All monitoring points must have a SYS_LOC_CODE for submit data using EQuIS. Please contact your MPCA Solid Waste permitting staff hydrogeologist or engineer to obtain the appropriate SYS_LOC_CODE.
Proprietary/confidential data. If your report contains proprietary data, you must submit two copies of your annual report: one that is "not public" containing all data, and a second that is "public" with the proprietary information redacted. The MPCA will no longer redact the solid waste annual report data; any information submitted in the public version will be available for review. If you only submit one report, it will be considered public.
Amendments. If changes are made to your ReTRAC forms, groundwater data, or other supplemental information, please submit the amended report with the permit number and “Amended” in the title. Amendments should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Environmental data submittal to EQuIS including groundwater, surface water, leachate, or gas monitoring data
- Submittal of a complete file copy
Due dates for quarterly reports for permitted facilities
|Sampling event||Tempo frequency||Sampling window||Due date|
|Summer monitoring||April||March 14 - May 14||June 30|
|Spring monitoring||July||June 21 - August 7||September 30|
|Fall monitoring||October||October 1 - November 21||February 1|
|Winter monitoring||December||December 1 - January 21||April 30|