Members of the Rule advisory panel (RAP) will focus on the end-of-life management of C&D material. The panel will advise the agency on potential content of the new C&D Rule.
Questions on the panel? Contact Greg Kvaal: email@example.com or 651-757-2511
RAP will meet approximately every 6 weeks. Details about the date, time, location and virtual access to the meetings will be shared through our GovDelivery newsletter: Sign up to receive updates.
- Sustainable Building Group September meeting notes available
- Coming soon: MPCA Environmental Assistance Grants
- More funding opportunities
- Build Reuse National Conference: The BIGGEST "built environment" conference in North America!
- Sustainable Building Material Management and C&D Waste in the News
Members were selected based on expertise, ability to communicate within their sector, geographic area, ability to work on a team, ability to attend meetings and allocate time to the effort.
- Private demolition landfill owner/operator
- Public demolition landfill owner/operator
- Environmental consultants
- Environmental groups
- Thomas Adams, Better Futures Minnesota
- Josh Holte, Hubbard County Solid Waste
- Carrie Jennings, Freshwater
- Terry Johnson, Waste Management
- Bill Keegan, Dem-Con Companies
- Evan Mackey, Bolander
- Chris McConn, Otter Tail and Wadena Counties
- Terry Muller, Dakota County Environmental Resources Department
- Melanie Niday, SEH
- Ryan O'Gara, SKB Environmental
- Daniel Riggs, Carlson McCain Inc.
- Roger Schroeder, Lyon County Environmental Department
- Tom Shustarich, Wenck Associates
- Jon Steiner, Polk County
- Marvin Stroschein, Crow Wing County Landfill, Inc.
- Kathleen Winters, Citizen
Scope and role
Discuss and advise MPCA on topics directly related to C&D landfills, such as landfill design and operation, prevention aspects, and water quality. The panel is not limited to these topics. This group will:
- Advise. The role of the panel is to advise the MPCA.
- Represent stakeholders. Each member represents an interest group in one way or another. We encourage panel members to maintain communication with others who share their interests.
- Collaborate. The goal is to have the different representatives sharing ideas for the new rule, working with one another, and helping develop comprehensive requirements for a new rule.
- Build consensus. Our goal is to achieve consensus on as many issues as possible. On issues where consensus cannot be achieved, the MPCA will use the information gained as advice in developing the appropriate part of the new rule.