Haulers in Greater Minnesota are required to submit data on MMSW and recyclables annually. Data is due February 1 for the previous calendar year. Haulers in the Metro are required to report quarterly. Data is due February 1 for Q4, May 1 for Q1, August 1 for Q2, and November 1 for Q3 of each calendar year.
Use ReTRAC to submit your data. Once submitted, haulers will fulfill the reporting requirements to Minnesota counties. The MPCA will share the submitted information to the counties: no need to submit data twice.
- Register for a ReTRAC account (Follow the screen prompts and enter all of the starred fields)
- Look for an activation email
New to ReTRAC? Watch this hour-long video on registering, navigating, and reporting using this online tool.
Reporting in ReTRAC
- Log into ReTRAC
- Click "Join Programs"
- Select Minnesota from the pull-down menu and click "Filter"
- Click on "Details" next to MPCA Solid Waste & Recycling Reporting
- Click "Join"
- Enter organization name and select your organization type (hauler program) from pull-down menu
- Follow prompts until done
Which form do I fill out?
- Haulers collecting in Greater MN use the short form. (Submitted annually)
- Haulers collecting in the seven-county metro are use the long form. (Submitted quarterly)
Questions? Contact Peder Sandhei, 651-757-2688