Minnesota's state plan for the Volkswagen settlement is structured in three phases. We developed Phase 1 with input from Minnesotans across the state. Your comments and input had a direct impact on how we planned our grant programs. Now, we’re asking for your help to create the plan for Phase 2 (2020-2023).
Take our online survey. It’s just 10 questions, and should take about 5 minutes to complete.
Meetings and listening sessions
The MPCA is holding a series of meetings this summer to share results of our grant programs so far and to hear your feedback. These meetings will focus on how you’d like to see the funds spent in Phase 2. We want to hear your priorities, what you liked about Phase 1, and where we can improve.
Technical stakeholder meetings
Saint Paul – August 14 (1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.): MPCA St. Paul Office, Lower Level Conference Room, 520 Lafayette Road or participate remotely via webinar or by phone. Details are in the posted meeting packet.
- This meeting will build on the presentation and group discussion in the July 16 stakeholder meeting. How should we time our grant offerings? Are there additional vehicle or equipment categories you’d like to see? This is your chance to take a deeper dive into the specific program and funding topics that interest you.
- Limited free parking is available for guests in the front lot at 520 Lafayette Road. Please register your car at the front desk when you arrive.
- Meeting packet: August 2019 VW Technical Stakeholder meeting (aq-mvp2-30ac)
Saint Paul – July 16
Send us your comments. The MPCA is seeking written comments through August 16, 2019. We welcome your thoughts on anything related to the VW settlement, how Phase 1 went, and what we should do differently or similarly for Phase 2. Look over the posted list of questions for inspiration. Please e-mail comments to email@example.com.
We’ll come to you. We would love to come to your meeting or event to hear your input on priorities for the VW settlement funds and to provide you with more information. If you would like us to attend your organization's meeting or event, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past listening sessions
Meeting materials - presentation and handout: Volkswagen settlement in Minnesota: Planning the next phase (aq-mvp2-30z)
- Marshall - June 4 (2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Marshall-Lyon County Library, 201 C Street
- Rochester - June 5 (2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Wood Lake Meeting Center, 210 Wood Lake Drive SE
- Bemidji - June 12 (2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Bemidji State University - Bridgeman Hall, 1512 Birchmont Drive NE
- Duluth - June 13 (2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): MPCA Duluth Office, 525 Lake Avenue S Suite 400
- Minneapolis - June 17 (6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Robert J. Jones Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center (UROC), 2001 Plymouth Avenue N
- Burnsville - June 25 (6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Dakota County Burnhaven Library, 1101 W County Road 42
MPCA will be gathering input to help develop the Phase 2 plan throughout the summer. We will draft the plan this fall and share it for additional input. The final plan will be submitted to the settlement trustee for approval by the end of 2019.