Minnesota's state plan for the Volkswagen settlement is structured in three phases. The MPCA is now seeking input to help develop the plan for Phase 2 (2020-2023).
The MPCA is holding a series of public meetings to share information about what we learned in Phase 1 and to seek input on the development of Phase 2. Most of the time will be dedicated to talking about what matters to participants and how you’d like to see the funds spent in Phase 2. We want to hear what you liked about Phase 1 and what we can improve.
Some meeting locations are still being finalized. We will let you know of any changes as soon as possible.
- Marshall - June 4 (2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Marshall-Lyon County Library, 201 C Street
- Rochester - June 5 (2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Wood Lake Meeting Center, 210 Wood Lake Drive SE
- Bemidji - June 12 (2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Bemidji State University - Bridgeman Hall, 1512 Birchmont Drive NE
- Duluth - June 13 (2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): MPCA Duluth Office, 525 Lake Avenue S Suite 400
- Minneapolis - June 17 (6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Robert J. Jones Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center (UROC), 2001 Plymouth Avenue N
- Burnsville - June 25 (6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Dakota County Burnhaven Library, 1101 W County Road 42
We will also be hosting at least two meetings focused on technical details of the program. Stay tuned for more information on those.
As we develop the plan for Phase 2 we are committed to understanding and including your input. We hope you will join us to talk about what matters most to you. And please help spread the word!
Send us your comments. The MPCA is seeking written comments through August 16, 2019. We welcome your thoughts on anything related to the VW settlement, how Phase I went, and what we should do differently or similarly for Phase II. Please e-mail comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll come to you. We would love to come to your meeting or event to hear your input on priorities for the VW settlement funds and to provide you with more information. If you would like us to attend your organization's meeting or event, e-mail us at email@example.com.
MPCA will be gathering input to help develop the Phase 2 plan throughout the summer. We will draft the plan this fall and share it for additional input. The final plan will be submitted to the settlement trustee for approval by the end of 2019.