Minnesota's state plan for the Volkswagen settlement is structured in three phases. We developed the plan for Phase 1 (2018-2019) with input from Minnesotans across the state. Your comments and input had a direct impact on how we planned our grant programs. Now, we’re asking for your help to create the plan for Phase 2 (2020-2023).
We welcome your comments and feedback on the Phase 2 draft plan. MPCA will host public meetings in December during the open comment period, and we hope you will join us.
This packet applies to all upcoming public meetings in December on the draft plan.
December 4 – Duluth
- 4-6 p.m.
- MPCA Duluth office
- 525 Lake Avenue South, Suite 400, Duluth, MN 55802
December 9 – Saint Paul
December 9 – Minneapolis
- 6-8 p.m.
- Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center (UROC) – Room 105
- 2001 Plymouth Ave. N, Minneapolis, MN 55411
December 12 – Rochester
- 4-6 p.m.
- Wood Lake Meeting Center, Cedar Room
- 210 Wood Lake Drive SE, Rochester, MN 55904
December 17 – Attend a webinar at MPCA offices in Brainerd, Detroit Lakes, Marshall, or Mankato
- 4-6 p.m.
- Addresses available here: MPCA offices
We’ll come to you
MPCA staff are available to attend your organization’s meeting or event to share information about the draft plan and hear your feedback. If you would like us to attend your organization's meeting or event, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer 2019: Gather input to help develop the Phase 2 plan
- Fall 2019: Draft plan for Phase 2
- November – December 20, 2019: Comment period for Phase 2 draft plan
- Early 2020: Revise plan as needed and submit to the settlement trustee for approval
Past listening sessions and technical stakeholder meetings
Meeting materials - presentation and handout: Volkswagen settlement in Minnesota: Planning the next phase (aq-mvp2-30z)
- Marshall - June 4 (2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Marshall-Lyon County Library, 201 C Street
- Rochester - June 5 (2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Wood Lake Meeting Center, 210 Wood Lake Drive SE
- Bemidji - June 12 (2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Bemidji State University - Bridgeman Hall, 1512 Birchmont Drive NE
- Duluth - June 13 (2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): MPCA Duluth Office, 525 Lake Avenue S Suite 400
- Minneapolis - June 17 (6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Robert J. Jones Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center (UROC), 2001 Plymouth Avenue N
- Burnsville - June 25 (6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Dakota County Burnhaven Library, 1101 W County Road 42
Technical meeting in Saint Paul – July 16:
Technical meeting in Saint Paul – August 14: