We're committed to using the VW settlement funds to support a healthy environment and reduce emissions in Minnesota, especially in communities most impacted by vehicle pollution. As part of Minnesota’s plan for using VW settlement funds, MPCA developed five 10-year goals to guide our programs:
- Achieve significant emission reductions
- Ensure statewide benefits
- Help people and places disproportionately affected by air pollution
- Reduce exposures to harmful air pollutants and maximize health benefits
- Balance cost-effectiveness of projects with other goals
Track our progress: Use the interactive data tool below to explore different metrics showing progress toward our five goals.
The data we gather from our grant programs can help us assess our effectiveness, identify which strategies are working, and determine where we may need to make adjustments. We're committed to transparency and making our data accessible to the public. The tool will be updated as each grant round is completed and the relevant data becomes available.