Each local unit of government that administers an SSTS program needs to have at least one person on staff trained in the administrative requirements of the program. The MPCA has created a series of relatively short videos (each is less than 15 minutes) that provides this required training. If you are one of these people, review each of the videos below.
Complete quiz as you view each video
Prior to viewing the videos, print out a copy of the MPCA SSTS Administrative Videos Quiz (link below), which has a few questions for each video segment that highlight information that is especially important to remember for each topic. Keep the quiz handy and answer the questions as you view each video (it is an open-computer test!).
Once you finish a video and answer the quiz questions associated with that video, record the date and write your initials in the box provided in the top right hand corner of the quiz. Keep these completed quizzes in your files.
Companion documents help you follow along, provide additional information
For most of the videos, there is a companion document containing information that will help you follow along with the video by making it easier to see some of the graphs, text, etc. Some also contain additional information such as a fact sheet or other information pertaining to that particular topic. Prior to viewing a video, print out the related companion document and refer to it while watching the video.
If you have questions during the videos, please take notes and contact Aaron Jensen (651-757-2544) for assistance.
- MPCA SSTS Administrative Videos Quiz Print out and complete as you view the following videos. Keep with your records.
Please note that these link to YouTube videos and will open in a new browser window.
- Video 1 – Welcome and Introduction
- Video 2 – Program Goals
- Video 3 – Laws and Rules
- Video 4 – SSTS Principles
- Video 5 – Certification and Licensing
- Video 6 – Expectations for LGUs
- Video 7 – Records Compliance and Annual Reporting
- Video 8 – SSTS Design and Permits
- Video 9 – Verify Soils and Construction Inspections
- Video 10 -- Basic Septic System Operation and Maintenance
- Video 11 – Ensuring Compliance
- Video 12 – SSTS Resources for Local Program Administrators
- Video 13 – Alternative Local Standards
Video companion documents
Print out and keep for handy reference while watching the videos.
- SSTS Training: Video 1 companion document (Welcome/Introduction)
- SSTS Training: Video 2 companion document (Program Goals)
- SSTS Training: Video 3 companion document (Principles)
- SSTS Training: Video 4 companion document (Certification/Licensing)
- SSTS Training: Video 5 companion document (Laws/Rules)
- SSTS Training: Video 6 companion document (Expectations for LGUs)
- SSTS Training: Video 7 companion document (Records/Annual Reporting)
- SSTS Training: Video 8 companion document (SSTS Design/Permits)
- SSTS Training: Video 9 companion document (Soil Verification)
- SSTS Training: Video 10 companion document (Operation/Maintenance)
- SSTS Training: Video 11 companion document (Compliance)
- SSTS Training: Video 12 companion document (Resources for Local Administrators)
- SSTS Training: Video 13 companion document (Alternative Local Standards)