Environmental regulations vary by industry, and we've outlined what you need to consider, based on the industry you're in or the types of processes and equipment you have. This is not meant to be a comprehensive list; we've tried to highlight industries and processes from which we've received the most questions.
Other MPCA programs have rules covering small businesses, including:
- Appliance service and recycling/disposal companies that handle refrigerants
- Dentists that work with mercury amalgam
- Construction companies that must control construction site stormwater
- Contractors that handle asbestos
- Feedlots and their collection, storage, and disposal of manure and wastes
- Septic system installation and service companies, which require MPCA licenses