Minnesota's Impaired Waters and TMDLs
Typo and Martin Lakes are two lakes in Anoka and Isanti Counties; which are on the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency's 303(d) list of impaired waters for excess nutrients (Phosphorus). Detailed studies including water quality and flow monitoring, field investigation, and computer modeling were conducted for both lakes. The lakes were studied together because they are linked, Typo Lake flowing to Martin Lake via Typo Creek.
Map and location
Martin Lake and Typo Lake are located in Anoka and Isanti Counties. The Map below depicts their locations. Both Lakes form the headwaters of the West Branch of the Sunrise River.
TMDL report and implementation plan
- Typo Lake and Martin Lake TMDL
- Typo Lake and Martin Lake TMDL — EPA Approval Letter (June 20, 2012)
- Martin and Typo Lakes TMDL Implementation Plan (August 8, 2012)
- St. Croix River Basin
- Sunrise Watershed TMDL
- Anoka Conservation District (ACD)
- Sunrise River Watershed Management Organization
- MN DNR Lake Finder
TMDL Project Manager
520 Lafayette Rd
St. Paul, MN 55155