Minnesota's Impaired Waters and TMDLs
The Goose Creek Watershed is located in the counties of Chisago and Pine, and within the St. Croix Basin. The watershed consists of 14 lakes, but only six of them have been assessed and found impaired for excess nutrients. There are also three stream reaches in the project area; they are Rock Creek, Rush Creek, and Goose Creek. Impairments in the streams range from E. coli (all three), fish bioassessment, and macroinvertebrate Bioassessment. These assessments and impaired waters listings range from 2002, but the Intensive Watershed Monitoring Program further assessed this sub-watershed in 2009 as part of the Lower St. Croix Major Watershed Assessment which added a few additional impairments.
This Restoration and Protection effort is a joint effort between the Chisago SWCD, Pine SWCD, local Lake associations, the MPCA and other state, local and federal agencies.
Map and location
The Goose Creek Watershed includes the cities of Harris and Rush City in the counties of Chisago and Pine.
WRAPS and TMDL report
- Goose Creek Watershed TMDL Report (wq-iw6-13e)
- Goose Creek Watershed WRAPS Report (wq-ws4-15b)(MPCA approved on January 7, 2016)
- Lower Saint Croix Watershed Stressor Identification (under development).
- St. Croix River Basin
- Lower Saint Croix Watershed
- Chisago Soil and Water Conservation District
- Pine County Soil and Water Conservation District
- MN Department of Natural Resources
- MPCA Environmental Data Access (Lake and Stream Data)
TMDL Project Manager (St. Croix Basin)
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
520 Lafayette Rd
St. Paul, MN 55155