New online training module
MPCA has created its first-ever online training module for the 2015-2020 industrial stormwater permit. The format condenses an all-day, in-person training workshop down to one hour!
This beginner-level training is intended for permittees, consultants, and interested water protectors who are new to industrial stormwater regulations. This course may also be useful as a refresher.
- Permit and rule history
- Applicability: who needs a permit?
- The differences between permit coverage and No Exposure
- Permit requirements: SWPPP and inspection requirements
- Sampling requirements
- Guidance and training
- Compliance and enforcement
- 2020 permit issuance information
Survey. Once you’ve completed the course, please fill out the survey.
Questions? Contact industrial stormwater staff: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-757-2119 or 800-657-3804 (non-metro only).
In-person trainings are still highly encouraged. MPCA’s industrial stormwater program staff collaborate with educators at the University of Minnesota to offer a variety of in-person workshops.
- ISW1001 - Industrial Stormwater Permit Training
- ISW2201 - Design of Industrial Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- ISW2202 - Industrial Stormwater Regulations, SWPPPs, Sampling, and Monitoring
- ISW3201 - Industrial Stormwater Sampling, Monitoring, and Inspections
- ISW4201 - Industrial Facility Response to Benchmark Exceedance
- ISW5001 - Managing Total Suspended Solids (TSS) on Industrial Facilities