This map shows all of the permitted large composting areas across the state, producing compost. Call first: Sites may offer their compost for sale or be open to community members for organics drop-off, but confirm that. If you are a facility owner and you have updates to make to your facility's contact information or other questions regarding the data, please contact Barbara Monaco (email@example.com) or Kayla Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Call the site or visit their website to learn if they’re open for material drop-offs or if they sell their finished product. Some sites only accept certain types of materials, are only open to residents of their host community, or have limited hours of operation.
Find sites | Tip: Expand the search radius using the mile slider bar.
- Near Me. Enter your zip-code, city or county to find a location near you
- Facility Name. Enter the facility name or permit number
Using the tools on the map
- Click an icon inside the map for details about the site.
- Use the layers icon to show Minnesota Department of Agriculture’s quarantine areas and general infestations for emerald ash borer (EAB). Once this layer is active, the legend will display information about these areas.
- Use the filter to select compost types