Pollution prevention (P2) is a “front-end” method to decrease costs, risks, and environmental concerns. In contrast to managing pollution after it is created, P2 reduces or eliminates waste and pollution at its source. Once practices are in place, savings from P2 continue year after year.
We can help
If you have a specific question about pollution prevention options or practices, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our P2 staff will respond with an answer or a referral as appropriate.
- Beyond regulation MPCA's Small Business Environmental Assistance program
- Minnesota RETAP – HVAC and lighting assistance
- Zero Waste Network – Money-saving options for conserving our natural resources
- Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention Roundtable – Publications and expert contacts
- Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange - Expert peer-reviewed P2 guides
- P2 InfoHouse – a collection of more than 50,000 P2 publications, fact sheets, case studies and technical reports
The Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP) provides direct technical assistance for P2. They are located at the University of Minnesota and their services are free, confidential, and non-regulatory.
MnTAP specialties include: