SBEAP has developed a series of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to help small businesses determine if they need an air emissions permit and/or track compliance with their current air emissions permit. Directions on how to use the spreadsheets are located in the PDF files. Some spreadsheets will require manipulation to best represent the materials used at each facility.
Abrasive blasting. Determine potential emissions for blasting activities.
Asphalt. Track actual monthly emissions from hot mix asphalt plants.
Boilers. Determine potential and actual emissions for permits for natural gas, fuel oil, propane, coal and wood fired boilers.
- Boiler calculator
- Directions for spreadsheets calculating the potential to emit (PTE) and actual emissions from boilers
Coatings/painting. Determine actual air emissions from painting and coating operations.
Electroplating. Determine potential emissions for an electroplating shop.
- Electroplating Potential to Emit Calculations
- Calculating PTE for Plating
- Example: Potential to emit calculations for a plating shop
Engines. Determine potential and actual emissions from diesel and gasoline engines and natural gas turbines for permitting purposes.
Fiberglass. Determine potential and actual emissions from fiberglass operations.
Foundry. Determine actual emissions from iron foundry operations. These spreadsheets can be changed for other types of metal alloys.
- Foundry Actual Monthly Emissions Criteria Pollutant Emissions
- Directions for Using Foundry.xls to Track Registration Permit Option D Compliance (2005)
Grain elevators. Determine potential and actual air emissions from a grain elevator for permitting purposes.
Hazardous air pollutant list. Search for HAP by name or CAS number.
Non-metallic minerals. Determine potential and actual emissions at sand and gravel operations.
Non-metallic minerals. Calculate compliance with a general non-metallic processing permit (sand and gravel).
- Non-metallic mineral processing compliance calculator
- Directions for Using Nm.xls Spreadsheets to Track Non-Metallic Mineral Processing Compliance
Printing. Calculate actual emissions from printing operations.
Registration Option C. Track monthly eligibility number and other recordkeeping requirements.