Governor Walz announced his budget and priorities for Minnesota this week with several items connecting directly to MPCA work. In his budget focus on Community Prosperity, priorities include keeping Minnesota’s waters clean, mitigating climate impacts, and reducing waste.
Governor Walz’s budget and priorities for MPCA include:
- Investigate nitrate pollution in the karst region
- Continue cleanup of Lake Superior headwaters
- Fund statewide outreach on climate and environmental policy
- Expand Minnesota’s electric-vehicle charging network
- Clean up Freeway Landfill and Dump
- Expand Minnesota markets for recyclables
- Divert food waste from landfills
- Meet Minnesotans’ expectations for online services
MPCA’s partnerships with other state agencies, industry, and engaged stakeholders will serve to strengthen our work to protect and improve the environment and human health. Learn more about each of Governor Walz’s budget initiatives for MPCA on our Legislative Resources page. For details on the rest of Governor Walz's budget, visit Budget for One Minnesota.