What's new — February 2018
Frequently asked question
Question: I need help training my staff on industrial stormwater requirements. Are there any workshops that can help?
Answer: Yes! The MPCA and the University of Minnesota are offering "Development of your ISW Annual Training" workshops.
These 2.5 hour events offer hands-on, facility-specific guidance on permit training requirements and how staff can train others at their business or facility.
For more information, or to register for these and other U of M workshops, go to: www.erosion.umn.edu.
- Regulations, SWPPPS, Sampling and Monitoring “overview” workshop: April 18, 2018, White Bear Lake
- Development of your ISW Annual Training workshop: May 3, 2018, Chanhassen
- Development of your ISW Annual Training workshop: May 16, 2018, White Bear Lake
A searchable database to find detailed information about industrial stormwater facilities. Permittees: download your quarterly sampling forms, annual report, and change form here.
10 steps to compliance
Industrial Stormwater e-Newsletters
- 2017 annual reports are available!
- Register now for an upcoming industrial stormwater training workshop
- Maximizing stormwater BMPs for phosphorus removal webinar
- Industrial stormwater training opportunity!
- New facility contacts? Let us know!
- Stormwater improvements: Success stories wanted
- Featured article: How's the water?
- Breweries and distilleries: Do you need permit coverage?
- Hennepin County hazardous waste inspectors helping businesses, Minnesota’s waters
- MPCA permit file reviews: A compliance check
- Tips and tricks to manage winter salt storage and save money
Program contact information
- Email: Send an email to the Industrial Stormwater Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @melissawmpca
- Call the stormwater hotline: 651-757-2119 or 800-657-3804 (non-metro only) for questions related to industrial, construction and municipal stormwater.
- Engineering questions Brian Schweiss, 651-757-2709
- Fees contact: email@example.com
- Contact program staff:
About the Industrial Stormwater Program
- Develop an effective Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) which contains your Stormwater Control Measures, described as Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Manage stormwater runoff by meeting the permit requirements or certify condition of No Exposure.
- Read and comply with the Multi-Sector General Permit for Industrial Activity (wq-strm3-67a)