What's new — April 2018
Frequently asked questions
Question: When are 2017 industrial stormwater fee invoices due?
Answer: Fee invoices should be paid no later than April 20, 2018.
Question: I need help training my staff on industrial stormwater requirements. Are there any workshops that can help?
Answer: Yes! The MPCA and the University of Minnesota are offering "develop of your ISW annual training program" workshops.
For more information, or to register for these and other U of M workshops, go to: www.erosion.umn.edu.
- May 3, 2018, Chanhassen: Develop your ISW Annual Training workshop
- May 16, 2018, White Bear Lake: Develop your ISW Annual Training workshop
Other important dates:
- April 20, 2018 Fee invoice due
- April 21, 2018 "Quarter 11" sampling form due for the Jan-Mar 2018 quarter (if sampling is still required for your facility)
A searchable database to find detailed information about industrial stormwater facilities. Permittees: download your quarterly sampling forms, annual report, and change form here.
10 steps to compliance
Industrial Stormwater e-Newsletters
- 2020 permit reissuance: dates and updates
- New industrial stormwater workshop!
- New staff to the industrial stormwater program:
- From the manager’s desk: what does 25 years of collaboration and cooperation look like?
- Sampling requirements: are you finished with monitoring?
- Annual Report deadline reminder
- 2017 annual reports are available!
- Register now for an upcoming industrial stormwater training workshop
- Maximizing stormwater BMPs for phosphorus removal webinar
- Industrial stormwater training opportunity!
- New facility contacts? Let us know!
- Stormwater improvements: Success stories wanted
Program contact information
- Email: Send an email to the Industrial Stormwater Program: email@example.com
- Twitter: @melissawmpca
- Call the stormwater hotline: 651-757-2119 or 800-657-3804 (non-metro only) for questions related to industrial, construction and municipal stormwater.
- Engineering questions Brian Schweiss, 651-757-2709
- Fees contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact program staff:
About the Industrial Stormwater Program
- Develop an effective Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) which contains your Stormwater Control Measures, described as Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Manage stormwater runoff by meeting the permit requirements or certify condition of No Exposure.
- Read and comply with the Multi-Sector General Permit for Industrial Activity (wq-strm3-67a)