Industrial stormwater general permit, 2020-2025
The application period for the 2020 permit will begin Fall 2019, and all applications will be made online through MPCA’s e-services portal. (Paper applications will not be used.)
All facilities will need to update their stormwater pollution prevention plan to ensure it is in compliance with the new permit.
A searchable database to find detailed information about industrial stormwater facilities. Permittees: download your quarterly sampling forms, annual report, and change form here.
10 steps to compliance
Industrial Stormwater e-Newsletters
- Featured article: Could your facility flood?
- Upcoming training opportunities
- New permit documents and guidance
- Wet season makes for great samples
- The Big Question: 'What’s required of me for the year?'
- Featured article: 2020 permit issuance update
- Fully online industrial stormwater training now available!
- U of M announces first training workshop of 2019
- Upcoming industrial stormwater compliance webinar
- More salt = more pollution
- National Pollution Prevention Conference: an update
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Tips and suggestions
- Featured article: September 13: next U of M training workshop
- 2020 general permit reissuance, an update
- MPCA presenting at national pollution prevention conference
- MN 2018 Conference on the Environment
- Words from one permittee
Program contact information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the stormwater hotline: 651-757-2119 or 800-657-3804 (non-metro only) for questions related to industrial, construction and municipal stormwater.
- Engineering questions: Brian Schweiss, 651-757-2709
- Fees contact: email@example.com
- Contact program staff: Statewide staff coverage map: Industrial Stormwater (wq-strm3-36)
About the Industrial Stormwater Program
- Develop an effective Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) which contains your Stormwater Control Measures, described as Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Manage stormwater runoff by meeting the permit requirements or certify condition of No Exposure.
- Read and comply with the Multi-Sector General Permit for Industrial Activity (wq-strm3-67a)