November 2018: What's new
Question: How can I make sure my Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) is up to date and accurate?
Answer: Our program has a couple useful resources:
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan checklist
- Check out this article: Do’s and Don’ts for Industrial Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
A searchable database to find detailed information about industrial stormwater facilities. Permittees: download your quarterly sampling forms, annual report, and change form here.
10 steps to compliance
Industrial Stormwater e-Newsletters
- Featured article: September 13: next U of M training workshop
- 2020 general permit reissuance, an update
- MPCA presenting at national pollution prevention conference
- MN 2018 Conference on the Environment
- Words from one permittee
- Industrial stormwater training workshop just announced!
- Grant assistance for installing stormwater Best Management Practices
- Digital Document Libraries: New water tools to help you!
- MPCA updates wastewater web pages
- You can make a difference in our water quality, at work AND at home!
- Coal tar sealant ban
- National industrial stormwater updates
- Keeping your Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan updated
- 2020 permit reissuance: Dates and updates
- New industrial stormwater workshop!
- New staff to the industrial stormwater program
- From the manager’s desk: What does 25 years of collaboration and cooperation look like?
- Sampling requirements: Are you finished with monitoring?
- Annual Report deadline reminder
Program contact information
- Email: Send an email to the Industrial Stormwater Program: email@example.com
- Twitter: @melissawmpca
- Call the stormwater hotline: 651-757-2119 or 800-657-3804 (non-metro only) for questions related to industrial, construction and municipal stormwater.
- Engineering questions Brian Schweiss, 651-757-2709
- Fees contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact program staff:
About the Industrial Stormwater Program
- Develop an effective Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) which contains your Stormwater Control Measures, described as Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Manage stormwater runoff by meeting the permit requirements or certify condition of No Exposure.
- Read and comply with the Multi-Sector General Permit for Industrial Activity (wq-strm3-67a)