September 2018: What's new
Question: What’s the latest with the 2020 general permit reissuance?
Answer: Industrial stormwater program staff have been reviewing EPA’s permit and other state’s permits for possible changes to our own general industrial stormwater permit. Read the latest in the September 2018 industrial stormwater quarterly newsletter and stay up-to-date by regularly visiting the Permit Development and Program History webpage.
- May - September 2018: Review existing permit language, review EPA's general permit, draft list of suggested changes.
- October 2018 - January 2019: Draft changes.
- February 2019: Public notice of draft permit.
- March - May 2019: Review, respond to comments.
- May - June 2019: Permit language finalized, approved.
- July 5 - October 5, 2019: Permittees apply for coverage. Permittees must apply 180 days before April 5, 2020.
- April 5, 2020: “New” permit is reissued and effective.
A searchable database to find detailed information about industrial stormwater facilities. Permittees: download your quarterly sampling forms, annual report, and change form here.
Above and beyond. MPCA recognizes Sunnyside Marina for voluntary improvements to their boat-wash operations. Their new treatment system collects and cleans wash water, reducing water use by 80%.
10 steps to compliance
Industrial Stormwater e-Newsletters
- Featured article: September 13: next U of M training workshop
- 2020 general permit reissuance, an update
- MPCA presenting at national pollution prevention conference
- MN 2018 Conference on the Environment
- Words from one permittee
- Industrial stormwater training workshop just announced!
- Grant assistance for installing stormwater Best Management Practices
- Digital Document Libraries: New water tools to help you!
- MPCA updates wastewater web pages
- You can make a difference in our water quality, at work AND at home!
- Coal tar sealant ban
- National industrial stormwater updates
- Keeping your Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan updated
- 2020 permit reissuance: Dates and updates
- New industrial stormwater workshop!
- New staff to the industrial stormwater program
- From the manager’s desk: What does 25 years of collaboration and cooperation look like?
- Sampling requirements: Are you finished with monitoring?
- Annual Report deadline reminder
Program contact information
- Email: Send an email to the Industrial Stormwater Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @melissawmpca
- Call the stormwater hotline: 651-757-2119 or 800-657-3804 (non-metro only) for questions related to industrial, construction and municipal stormwater.
- Engineering questions Brian Schweiss, 651-757-2709
- Fees contact: email@example.com
- Contact program staff:
About the Industrial Stormwater Program
- Develop an effective Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) which contains your Stormwater Control Measures, described as Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Manage stormwater runoff by meeting the permit requirements or certify condition of No Exposure.
- Read and comply with the Multi-Sector General Permit for Industrial Activity (wq-strm3-67a)