August 2018: What's New
Question: Are there any industrial stormwater training opportunities coming up?
Answer: Yes! The University of Minnesota is hosting an “overview” workshop. This workshop will cover regulations, stormwater pollution prevention plans, sampling/monitoring requirements. The workshop is September 13, 2018, and is at the MnDOT Conference Center in Arden Hills. Register today as workshops often fill up 1-2 weeks before the class is held. For additional information or to register for this workshop, visit the University of Minnesota Erosion and Stormwater Management Certification Program.
A searchable database to find detailed information about industrial stormwater facilities. Permittees: download your quarterly sampling forms, annual report, and change form here.
Above and beyond. MPCA recognizes Sunnyside Marina for voluntary improvements to their boat-wash operations. Their new treatment system collects and cleans wash water, reducing water use by 80%.
10 steps to compliance
Industrial Stormwater e-Newsletters
- Industrial stormwater training workshop just announced!
- Grant assistance for installing stormwater Best Management Practices
- Digital Document Libraries: New water tools to help you!
- MPCA updates wastewater web pages
- You can make a difference in our water quality, at work AND at home!
- Coal tar sealant ban
- National industrial stormwater updates
- Keeping your Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan updated
- 2020 permit reissuance: Dates and updates
- New industrial stormwater workshop!
- New staff to the industrial stormwater program
- From the manager’s desk: What does 25 years of collaboration and cooperation look like?
- Sampling requirements: Are you finished with monitoring?
- Annual Report deadline reminder
- 2017 annual reports are available!
- Register now for an upcoming industrial stormwater training workshop
- Maximizing stormwater BMPs for phosphorus removal webinar
Program contact information
- Email: Send an email to the Industrial Stormwater Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @melissawmpca
- Call the stormwater hotline: 651-757-2119 or 800-657-3804 (non-metro only) for questions related to industrial, construction and municipal stormwater.
- Engineering questions Brian Schweiss, 651-757-2709
- Fees contact: email@example.com
- Contact program staff:
About the Industrial Stormwater Program
- Develop an effective Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) which contains your Stormwater Control Measures, described as Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Manage stormwater runoff by meeting the permit requirements or certify condition of No Exposure.
- Read and comply with the Multi-Sector General Permit for Industrial Activity (wq-strm3-67a)