Hazardous waste data

The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) collects data on businesses that generate or transport hazardous waste.

  • Hazardous Waste Manifest Reports. The MPCA no longer receives manifests from generators of any size. A national database with information for all generators in the U.S. will soon be available to the public. However, you can download a zip file with historical data from the MPCA's ftp site.
  • Hazardous Waste Generator License Applications. Find information on hazardous wastes generated by businesses and other organizations located outside the seven-county Twin Cities metro area, as reported to MPCA in annual generator license applications. Phone numbers for metro county licensing authorities are also provided.
  • Hazardous Waste Licenses. View a copy of the Hazardous Waste Generator License issued by MPCA to a business or other organization. The generator's MPCA Generator Identification Number is required for this search.
  • What's in My Neighborhood. Use What's In My Neighborhood to find information about hazardous waste generators and facilities, including the types listed below. To list facilities of a given type, choose the "Text Search" option, then select the appropriate "Activity Type."
    • Large Quantity Generators (LQGs)
    • Small to Minimal Quantity Generators
    • Treatment, Storage or Disposal (TSD) Facilities