The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) collects data on businesses that generate or transport hazardous waste.
Hazardous waste licenses. Use a generator's hazardous waste identification number (HWID) to generate a copy of the Hazardous Waste Generator License issued by MPCA. This search will only display licenses for generators in Greater Minnesota; it does not include licensees in the seven-county Metro Area.
What's in My Neighborhood. You can find information about hazardous waste generators and facilities, including the types listed below. To list facilities of a given type, choose the "Text Search" option, then select the appropriate "Activity Type."
- Large Quantity Generators (LQGs)
- Small to Minimal Quantity Generators
- Treatment, Storage or Disposal (TSD) Facilities
Hazardous waste manifest reports. The MPCA no longer receives manifests from generators of any size.
- You can download a zip file with historical data
- The federal electronic manifest system is now online: Hazardous Waste Electronic Manifest System (e-Manifest)