The three Clean Water Council committees are accountable to and advise the full council. The budget and policy committees elect their own chairs and vice chairs.
Committee meeting information for the past six months will be available on this page. Contact Paul Gardner to request older material.
Budget and Outcomes committee
The Budget and Outcomes committee consists of a minimum of four voting members and a maximum of a non-majority of the current seated Clean Water Council voting members.
The Budget and Outcomes committee:
- Prepares initial input on budget recommendations to the council
- Reviews existing measurable outcomes information to show effectiveness of accomplishments
Membership is reviewed every two years.
2021 - 2022 members: Steve Besser (Committee Vice Chair), Dick Brainerd, Gary Burdorf, Warren Formo, Frank Jewell, Jen Kader, Holly Kovarik (Committee Chair), and Todd Renville.
Meetings are usually held on the first Friday of the month. All are invited to attend.
Past meeting information
The Policy committee consists of a minimum of five voting members and a maximum of a non-majority of the current seated voting Clean Water Council voting members.
The Policy committee:
- Reviews existing policy information from the council meetings and relevant reports
- Prepares policy recommendations for the council
- Solicits input on potential policy recommendations from stakeholder groups, agencies, and other experts
Membership of this committee is reviewed every year or by the council chair’s discretion and is approved by the council.
Policy Committee members: John Barten, Rich Biske (Committee Chair), Kelly Gribauval-Hite, Raj Rajan, Victoria Reinhardt (Committee Vice Chair), Peter Schwagerl, Phillip Sterner, Jordan Vandal, and Marcie Weinandt.
The Policy Committee meetings are usually held on the fourth Friday of the month. All are invited to attend.
Past meeting information
The Steering committee plans meetings and other activities as designated by the Chair or Clean Water Council.
- Council Chair: John Barten
- Council Vice Chair: Jen Kader
- Agency representatives on the Council: Tannie Eshenaur (MDH), Jason Moeckel (DNR), Glenn Skuta (MPCA), Peder Kjeseth (MDA), and Marcey Westrick/Annie Felix-Gerth (BWSR).
- Budget and Outcomes Committee Chair (Holly Kovarik) and Vice Chair (Steve Besser)
- Policy Committee Chair (John Barten) and Vice Chair (Victoria Reinhardt)
Membership on this committee is reviewed every two years.
The Steering Committee meets following the conclusion of the meetings of the full council. All are welcome to attend.