The three Clean Water Council committees are accountable to and advise the full council. The budget and policy committees elect their own chairs and vice chairs.
Committee meeting information for the past six months will be available on this page. Contact Paul Gardner to request older material.
The Budget and Outcomes committee consists of a minimum of four voting members and a maximum of a non-majority of the current seated Clean Water Council voting members.
The Budget and Outcomes committee:
- Prepares initial input on budget recommendations to the council
- Reviews existing measurable outcomes information to show effectiveness of accomplishments
Membership is reviewed every two years.
Budget and Outcomes committee members: Steve Besser (Committee Chair), Dick Brainerd (Committee Vice Chair), Gary Burdorf, Steve Christenson, Warren Formo, Brad Gausman, Holly Hatlewick, and Annie Knight.
Meetings are usually held on the first Friday of the month. All are invited to attend.
Past meeting information
- August 2023 BOC meeting
- No July 2023 meeting
- No June 2023 meeting
The Policy committee consists of a minimum of five voting members and a maximum of a non-majority of the current seated voting Clean Water Council voting members.
The Policy committee:
- Reviews existing policy information from the council meetings and relevant reports
- Prepares policy recommendations for the council
- Solicits input on potential policy recommendations from stakeholder groups, agencies, and other experts
Membership of this committee is reviewed every year or by the council chair’s discretion and is approved by the council.
Policy committee members: John Barten, Rich Biske (Committee Chair), Gail Cederberg, Victoria Reinhardt (Committee Vice Chair), Peter Schwagerl, and Marcie Weinandt.
Policy committee meetings are usually held on the fourth Friday of the month. All are invited to attend.
Past meeting information
- No September 2023 policy meeting
- August 2023 policy meeting
- No July 2023 policy meeting
The Steering committee plans meetings and other activities as designated by the Chair or Clean Water Council.
- Council Chair: John Barten
- Council Vice Chair: Rich Biske
- Agency representatives on the Council: Tannie Eshenaur (MDH), Jason Moeckel (DNR), Glenn Skuta (MPCA), Peder Kjeseth (MDA), and Marcey Westrick/Annie Felix-Gerth (BWSR).
- Budget and Outcomes Committee Chair (Holly Kovarik) and Vice Chair (Steve Besser)
- Policy Committee Chair (John Barten) and Vice Chair (Victoria Reinhardt)
Membership on this committee is reviewed every two years.
The Steering committee meets following meetings of the full council. All are welcome to attend.