Join our staff and help protect Minnesota's environment. Our staff works with Minnesotans to protect, conserve, and improve our environment and enhance our quality of life.
Search for jobs
We offer positions for full-time, part-time, and students.
New website for learning about and applying for jobs with Minnesota state government, including the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency.
Who we are
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action and veteran-friendly employer, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our job opportunities. We are committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in our application process and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability assistance in the application process, contact our Human Resources department at 651-757-2034 or by email at email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
Below is the agency's Affirmative Action Plan. This document can be made available in other formats by calling 651-757-2034 or using your preferred telecommunications relay service.
- MPCA Affirmative Action Plan (gp1-01)
- MPCA Affirmative Action Plan: Executive summary and statement of commitment (gp1-01a)
What we offer
- Benefits package
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Deferred compensation plan
- Flexible work environment
- Training opportunities
- Employee recognition programs
What we do
Our staff members:
- Monitor environmental quality
- Offer technical and financial assistance
- Enforce environmental regulations
- Find and oversee cleanup of spills and leaks that can affect our health and environment
- Develop statewide policy
- Organize the Eco Experience at the Minnesota State Fair
The main office is conveniently located at the east edge of St. Paul at 520 Lafayette Road—a great work location to bike, bus, walk, or carpool. Downtown St. Paul is a short 10-minute walk away, and the office is on the bus line near 35E and 94.
We also have offices in Brainerd, Duluth, Rochester, Marshall, Mankato, Detroit Lakes. Find out more about MPCA's regional offices.
- Minnesota GreenCorps
- Citizen water monitoring
- Jobs: Metropolitan Council
- Job opportunities in environmental education
The IDEC program seeks to create pathways to environmental careers for underrepresented students, racial or ethnic minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
520 Lafayette Road North
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-296-6300 or 800-657-3864 toll free, or use your preferred telecommunications relay service