Waterfront Bulletin is a monthly electronic newsletter featuring timely updates on impaired waters, watershed project funding, and activities related to water restoration and protection throughout Minnesota.
- Funding available for SWCDs to implement CREP in Minnesota
- Minnesota Department of Ag now accepting proposals for clean water research
- 10 small watersheds selected for focused funding program
- DNR issues permits for PolyMet mining project in northeast Minnesota
- MPCA sends PolyMet revised draft permit documents for EPA review
- La Crescent area: Water quality good except for stressors to fish in Pine Creek
- EPA approves TMDL for Mississippi River-Headwaters watershed
- In the news and online: A court case, several stream restorations, DNR committee apps open
- Upcoming events: Drainage research forum, annual conventions
10 watersheds selected for longer-term federal funding as part of the transition in the federal Clean Water Act Section 319 program to more reliable funding focused on small watersheds.
Missed it by that much
- Council recommends $118 million in funding for 38 proposals
- DNR now accepting applications for second round of conservation grants
- EPA approves Lake Superior-North Flute Reed River TMDL
- Agencies considering removing fish impairment from St. Louis River Area of Concern
- Judge approves majority of Groundwater Protection Rule
- Smart Salting can lead to environmental, economic savings
- 10th annual Cannon River watershed cleanup a success
- In the news and online: Cleaner water celebration, sediment spill, reconnecting a river
We Are Water is open October 12 through November 26 at the University of Minnesota’s Institute on the Environment, 1954 Buford Ave., St. Paul.
Editor: Cathy Rofshus, 507-206-2608.
Submit article ideas. Waterfront is a monthly publication. The publication date is on or around the first of each month; items submitted by 4:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month are considered for inclusion in the following month's edition. If no suitable submittals are received by the third Wednesday, there will be no publication the following month.