Waterfront Bulletin is a monthly e-newsletter featuring timely updates on impaired waters, watershed project funding, and activities related to water restoration and protection throughout Minnesota.
- In the works: Changes to rules on designating uses for some lakes and streams
- MPCA opposes proposed changes to federal water quality rules
- Commission whittles proposal list down to 77 projects totaling $61.4 million
- Minnesota River stories: Mankato area paddlers combine river clean-up and recreation
- On tour: Clean Water Council and legislators visit water quality projects in southeast MN
- In the news and online: Polymet permits, septic systems
MPCA Assistant Commissioner Katrina Kessler explains how sweeping federal changes to Section 401 certification rules could endanger Minnesota's water quality.
The Minnesota River and its tributaries are popular for recreation, and Mankato-area paddlers play a part in river clean-up.
Missed it by that much
- Sept. 20: Deadline for commenting on Minnesota River Basin studies
- Upcoming events: Farm BMPs showcase, boat tour and open house
- Solutions for the Minnesota River: Farm practices build soil health and improve water quality
- More changes needed to improve water quality of Minnesota River and tributaries
- Carving a path from polluted to more picturesque in the Minnesota River-Mankato watershed
- Improving Watonwan River water quality hinges on land use practices that reduce soil, fertilizer loss
- Sediment, phosphorus, and bacteria are big problems for water quality in the Lower Minnesota River watershed
Several MPCA TMDL and WRAPS reports are open for public comment now. Public input can make study and strategy reports better, by providing additional information and ideas for implementing changes to reach water quality goals.
Editor: Cathy Rofshus, 507-206-2608
Submit article ideas. Waterfront is a monthly publication. The publication date is on or around the first of each month; items submitted by 4:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month are considered for inclusion in the following month's edition. If no suitable submittals are received by the third Wednesday, there will be no publication the following month.