Waterfront Bulletin is a monthly electronic newsletter featuring timely updates on impaired waters, watershed project funding, and activities related to water restoration and protection throughout Minnesota.
- BWSR accepting grant proposals through Aug. 31
- DNR funding round opens Aug. 1
- Commission to recommend 67 projects totaling $61.5M for funding
- New online data tools help track Minnesota’s watershed work
- Minnesota River bacteria TMDL now open for review
- EPA approves TMDL for Little Fork Watershed
- Groundwater protection rule comment extended to Aug. 15
- State's first SWCD formed 80 years ago in Winona County
- Zumbro River: Removing dam leads to better water quality, more recreation
- Registration now open for U of M Ecological Restoration Training
- Upcoming events: Lab tour, river cleanups
- In the news and online: U of M study on chloride in waters, flooding woes and more
Missed it by that much
- Commission whittling down list of proposals for funding: 110 chosen for presentations
- Bonding bill passes but with controversial measure
- Open for comment: Studies on Lake Superior-North, Mississippi River-Headwaters and Thief River watersheds
- Giant Lego watershed helps teach water science
- In the news and online: Lawsuits filed over mining leases, local partners focus on water quality
Editor: Cathy Rofshus, 507-206-2608.
Submit article ideas. Waterfront is a monthly publication. The publication date is on or around the first of each month; items submitted by 4:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month are considered for inclusion in the following month's edition. If no suitable submittals are received by the third Wednesday, there will be no publication the following month.