What is it that you want to do? Is there a project that keeps slipping away because it isn’t a good fit for a grant program? Is there a wish list item that needs to be completed, but is a drain on the daily budget?
The Clean Water Partnership (CWP) program offers zero-interest loans to local units of government for implementing nonpoint-source best management practices and other activities that target the restoration and protection of a water resource such as a lake, stream, or groundwater aquifer.
Flexible loan options
- First tier loans are provided for local governments to build projects
- Second tier loans allow local entities to make loans to landowners and other stakeholders
The funds can be used for any non-point BMPs, including wellhead protection, inflow and infiltration (residential laterals), green infrastructure, SSTS upgrade/replacements, wetland or stream restorations, and many more!
Application process for a CWP loan
The MPCA expects to resume accepting applications for the CWP loan program in July 2022.
- Total funds available: Coming July 2022
- The maximum loan award for a project: Coming July 2022
- Interest rate: TBD
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, resuming July 2022 funding will be approved based on available loan funds.
Request for proposals
Application forms and full details of this loan opportunity are found in the request for proposals: who may apply, funding priorities, activities eligible for funding, and other information that will help you plan your project and submit a complete application.
RFP available July 2022. Now is good time to begin planning your projects. Call or email us today.
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) reserves the right to amend this Request for Proposals (RFP) at any time. Issuance of this RFP does not obligate the MPCA to make any loan awards.
- Cindy Osborn (651-757-2099)