The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency offers training for professionals who must follow environmental regulations or get certain licenses or professional registrations.
Toolkits and marketing
Use these educational and marketing materials to help with your efforts to boost public participation in household hazardous waste programs throughout Minnesota.
A toolkit on proper use and disposal of medications, mercury, and pesticides. Developed by the Western Lake Superior Sanitary District.
A communications toolkit for mercury-containing products. Sample brochures, messages, and downloadable images of mercury-containing products.
A collection of logos, designed templates, and graphics to promote a safe medication dropoff program.
Ads, postcards, articles, email, videos, along with clipart and graphics to help market your household hazardous waste program.
Resources and publications
- Household hazardous waste disposal guide (7-county metro area)
- Household hazardous waste disposal guide (Greater Minnesota)
- Dispose of hazardous waste safely
- Electronic waste
- Household battery recycling and disposal
- Lead recalls and proper management
- Household waste pesticides (Minnesota Department of Agriculture)
In the garage
- Changing your oil: An Earth-friendly guide for do-it-yourselfers
- Used Motor Vehicle Batteries
- Lead sinker alternatives