During the 12 days of the State Fair, at least 270,000 visitors come through the Eco Experience exhibit looking for ideas, asking for advice, and seeking information about environmental issues and technology. The Sustainability Stage is one of the focal points of the Eco Experience building, with a daily schedule of presentations and demonstrations.
Apply to present at the 2021 Eco Experience
Apply by May 21.
Sustainability Stage presenters agree to provide a minimum of one 40-minute presentation, including questions.
- The stage is approximately 16 feet wide and 8 feet deep.
- A laptop and 62-inch screen for titles and pictures provided.
- Presentations should be interactive with the audience and focus on education (not products or sales)
Eco Experience goals
The goals of the 2021 Eco Experience are to provide:
- An opportunity for agencies, organizations, and communities to showcase Minnesota carbon reduction and climate mitigation/resiliency/adaptation stories and to celebrate related successes.
- A venue for multiple voices, including indigenous, underserved, and overburdened communities that represent geographic, economic, and cultural diversity from throughout the state.
- Interaction with fair attendees through high-quality, interactive exhibits and displays that are focused on fact-based messaging as well as achievable actions.
- Inspiration and resources for visitors and participants to continue their individual and community efforts to address climate change.
Since 2006 the Eco Experience has been a State Fair staple, providing engaging environmental messaging through a variety of themes, exhibitors, and daily presentations. Approximately 270,000 people visit the Eco Experience building over the 12 days of the fair.