MPCA Information Officers help reporters and editors track down information, arrange for interviews, and provide background information on agency work. Contact the MPCA Communications office (651-757-2662 or 800-657-3864) or one of the Information Officers listed below.
Duluth — Lucie Amundsen (218-302-6600)
Detroit Lakes — Dan Olson (218-846-8108), covering northwest region and septic system issues
Brainerd — Stephen Mikkelson (218-316-3887), covering north central region and enforcement actions
Marshall — Forrest Peterson (320-979-1776), covering southwest region, feedlot and agriculture issues
Rochester — Cathy Rofshus (507-206-2608), covering southeast region and statewide water quality issues
- Ralph Pribble (651-757-2657), covering air quality issues and biofuels
- Stephen Mikkelson (218-316-3887), covering Eco Experience and recycling
- Mary Connor (651-757-2629), covering water quality issues
- Risikat Adesaogun (651-757-2056), covering air quality and environmental justice
- Walker Smith (651-757-2738), covering cleanup, emergency management, closed landfills, Superfund and solid waste issues
The MPCA issues news releases, public notices, environmental assessments, and other timely information on environmental issues in Minnesota. We also offer conferences, workshops, and training opportunities for residents, businesses, and government.
- News releases
- Environmental Assessment Worksheets (EAW)
- Public notices
- Summary of MPCA enforcement actions
- Training calendar
You can sign up to receive email updates on a number of issues and activities affecting Minnesota's air, land, and water on the MPCA's subscription page.
The MPCA Air Pollution Alert System sends email notices when the Air Quality Index goes above 100 in areas monitored by the MPCA. Sign up for air quality alerts on the Air Quality Notifications sign up page.
Links to other sources
- Minnesota Environmental Quality Board
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Environmental Council of States
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
If you have suggestions on how we can improve this site for your needs, please contact Stephen Mikkelson, 218-316-3887 or 1-800-657-3864.