MPCA Information Officers help reporters and editors track down information, arrange for interviews, and provide background information on agency work. Contact the MPCA Communications office (651-757-2662 or 800-657-3864) or one of the Information Officers listed below.
Duluth/Northeast Region — Lucie Amundsen, 218-302-6600
Detroit Lakes/Northwest Region — Dan Olson, 218-846-8108
Brainerd/North Central Region — Stephen Mikkelson, 218-316-3887
Marshall/Southwest Region — Forrest Peterson, 320-979-1776
Rochester/Southeast Region — Cathy Malakowsky, 507-206-2608
St. Paul/Metro Region — Mike Rafferty, 651-757-2662
- Clean cars — Mary Robinson, 651-757-2525
- Cleanup and redevelopment — Matt Croaston
- Climate change — Mary Robinson, 651-757-2525
- Enforcement, Eco Experience — Stephen Mikkelson, 218-316-3887
- Environmental review, recycling, waste management — Lucie Amundsen, 218-302-6600
- Feedlots — Forrest Peterson, 320-979-1776
- PFAS research, stormwater — Cori Rude-Young, 651-757-2680
- Septic systems — Dan Olson, 218-846-8108
- Water quality, watersheds — Cathy Malakowsky, 507-206-2608
The MPCA issues news releases, public notices, environmental assessments, and other timely information on environmental issues in Minnesota. We also offer conferences, workshops, and training opportunities for residents, businesses, and government.
- News releases
- Environmental review (EAW and EIS)
- Public notices
- Summary of MPCA enforcement actions
- Training calendar
You can sign up to receive email updates on a number of issues and activities affecting Minnesota's air, land, and water on the MPCA's subscription page.
The MPCA Air Pollution Alert System sends email notices when the Air Quality Index goes above 100 in areas monitored by the MPCA. Sign up for air quality alerts on the Air Quality Notifications sign up page.
Links to other sources
- Minnesota Environmental Quality Board
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Environmental Council of States
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry