Welcome to the Mankato office of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. A watershed unit works out of this office as well as staff who focus on feedlots, wastewater, hazardous waste and water quality.
MPCA Mankato Office
12 Civic Center Plaza Suite 2165
Mankato, MN 56001
507-389-5977 or 800-657-3864 toll free
Temporary fax: 507-389-6985
Directions and map to Mankato office
Directions from RiverFront Drive:
- Turn onto Civic Center Plaza.
- Turn right onto S. Second Street.
- Turn right onto Cherry Street, which is a one-way.
- Look for the drive to the parking ramp on your right, before the Riverfront intersection.
- There is a fee for parking in the ramp.
- Two-hour parking is available for free on the streets and in some lots around the Civic Center Plaza, which is the former downtown mall.
Minnesota Duty Officer: 800-422-0798
You must call the duty officer for natural disasters, hazardous material incidents, petroleum spills, pipeline breaks or leaks, release of substances to the air, wastewater bypasses, and spills of manure, food products, or other substances and pollutants.
Regional watershed projects
Water pollution cleanup
- Water Resource Center, Minnesota State University-Mankato
- Minnesota River Board
- Minnesota River Basin Data Center
Local government units
MPCA staff members work with several local agencies and government units, including cities and township officers. For more information about cities and townships, go to:
- Coalition of Greater Minnesota Cities
- League of Minnesota Cities
- Minnesota Association of Townships
- Minnesota Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts
South central Minnesota offers a variety of landscapes, from broad spans of prairie to rolling hills, all connected by the Minnesota River and its tributaries. Several lakes also dot the area.
National scenic byway: Minnesota River Valley. The Minnesota River Valley offers several opportunities for sight-seeing, camping, hiking, biking and paddling. For more information, visit Minnesota River Valley.
State parks and bike trails. Southcentral Minnesota offers several state parks and bike trails, including Minneopa State Park, Flandrau State Park, Ft. Ridgely State Park, Red Jacket Trail and the Minnesota Valley Bike Trail. For more information, visit Department of Natural Resources.
- Agricultural Utilization Research Institute
- Board of Water and Soil Resources
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Health
- Department of Natural Resources
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources
- Environmental News Network
- Environmental Quality Board
- Minnesota Association of Watershed Districts
- Minnesota Environmental Fund
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Sharing Environmental Education Knowledge
- University of Minnesota Extension
- Living on Earth - National Public Radio's Environmental News Show
- Earth View - Live satellite image of the Earth