Solid waste planning, research, and evaluation help the state develop an integrated waste management system.
Minnesota policy and legislation
Policy analysis, research, and evaluation contribute to Minnesota's efforts to reduce waste, prevent pollution, and recover resources from waste.
- Solid waste policy report. An analysis of the state's solid waste system and recommendations on policies, system improvements and research.
- Metropolitan Solid Waste Management Policy Plan. Establishes the plan for managing the Metropolitan Area’s solid waste.
- Waste Management Act and related acts and laws. Waste-related Minnesota legislation.
- Minnesota rules. Rules for hazardous waste, solid waste, and tanks.
Research and data
Comprehensive reports identify emerging issues and provide direction for future policies and programs.
- Evaluation of emerging contaminant data at solid waste facilities (2020) - An evaluation of PFAS and 1,4-Dioxane data at solid waste facilities in Minnesota.
- Recycling in Minnesota: the SCORE report. An annual examination of Minnesota waste management programs and data, as well as detailed data by county.