Member application deadline extended
Minnesota GreenCorps is now accepting applications for 50 full-time AmeriCorps members! Positions are available with governments, nonprofit organizations, and educational institutions statewide. Learn more below and apply by June 29.
Members earn a living stipend and education award, and serve 40 hours a week for 11 months, from Sept. 15, 2021 through mid-August 2022.
Serve a community, address critical environmental issues, and develop green job skills as a Minnesota GreenCorps member!
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency places approximately 50 members with host sites throughout Minnesota each year. Members serve full-time for 11 months, from mid-September through mid-August, at environmental nonprofits, government agencies, and educational institutions.
Each member serves on a project in one of four focus areas:
- Air pollutant reduction, including energy conservation and green transportation
- Community readiness and outreach, including public engagement, education, and volunteer mobilization
- Green infrastructure improvements, including stormwater and urban forestry
- Waste reduction, recycling, and organics management
Members receive quarterly training from the MPCA, including a three-day orientation at the beginning of the service term. Additionally, members are paired with a mentor whose role is to provide support and resources throughout the service year. This training and support prepares members to deliver environmental education; implement sustainability projects; improve habitat; launch recycling programs; collaborate with community members; mobilize volunteers; and collect, benchmark, and analyze data.
Application deadline extended to Tuesday, June 29, 2021
- Review the Member application guide (p-mgc2-05) before starting your online application. The member application guide includes program information, position requirements, frequently asked questions, and application instructions.
- Review the Project summaries (p-mgc1-14) to learn about available Minnesota GreenCorps positions. Applicants must indicate the focus area and region of the state where they want to serve on the online application.
- Review the position posting and complete the online application, upload a resume, and submit by the application deadline.
If you have questions about the Minnesota GreenCorps program or the position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.