Member application deadline closed
Serve a community, address critical environmental issues, and develop green job skills as a Minnesota GreenCorps member!
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency places approximately 50 members with host sites throughout Minnesota each year. Members serve full-time for 11 months, from mid-September through mid-August, at environmental nonprofits, government agencies, and educational institutions.
Each member serves on a project in one of four focus areas:
- Air pollutant reduction, including energy conservation and green transportation
- Community readiness and outreach, including public engagement, education, and volunteer mobilization
- Green infrastructure improvements, including stormwater and urban forestry
- Waste reduction, recycling, and organics management
Members receive quarterly training from the MPCA, including a three-day orientation at the beginning of the service term. Additionally, members are paired with a mentor whose role is to provide support and resources throughout the service year. This training and support prepares members to deliver environmental education; implement sustainability projects; improve habitat; launch recycling programs; collaborate with community members; mobilize volunteers; and collect, benchmark, and analyze data.
Apply to be a member
The MPCA is not currently accepting member applications. We anticipate accepting applications between May and mid June each year. We anticipate the program will start in mid September. Look over the member application guide to learn more about the program and application process (note: this guide will be updated in preparation for the 2022 application period).
- Member application guide (p-mgc2-05) before starting your online application. The member application guide includes program information, position requirements, frequently asked questions, and application instructions.
If you have questions about the Minnesota GreenCorps program or the position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.