The MPCA provides loans at zero-percent interest to small businesses for capital equipment purchases that help the company meet or exceed environmental regulations, and covering costs associated with the investigation and cleanup of contaminated sites.
Qualified borrowers must be an existing small business corporation, sole proprietorship, partnership, or association with:
- less than 100 full-time employees.
- an after-tax profit of less than $500,000.
- a demonstrated ability to repay the loan.
Loan terms and conditions:
- loan amount between $1,000 and $75,000
- interest rate: Zero percent (0%)
- repayment term up to seven years
- flexibility in the types of collateral accepted
- awarded throughout the year