The MPCA is launching a Request for Proposals (RFP) to distribute $750,000 for climate planning projects to communities across Minnesota. This funding provides an opportunity for these communities to assess vulnerabilities and begin planning for the effects of Minnesota’s changing climate in three areas:
- How to increase resilience to stormwater and reduce localized flood risk.
- How to improve the resilience of wastewater systems.
- How to reduce human health effects and adapt community services, ordinances, and public spaces to the changing climate.
The effects of climate change are being felt across the state, from overwhelmed infrastructure, damaged property, dying trees, and culturally important native species, to excessive heat, worsening air quality, and other health threats. Minnesota state government is partnering with local communities to assess needs, develop climate adaptation plans, and make changes so that we are ready for what lies ahead.
Applications are due no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, December 14, 2023.
Questions and answers
MPCA employees cannot legally answer questions about this grant opportunity. Please submit questions about this grant to email@example.com with the subject line “FY 24 Planning Grants for SWC Resilience”, no later than 4 p.m. on Monday, December 11, 2023.
The MPCA will hold an online-only informational meeting Tuesday, November 14 (1 p.m.) to answer questions about this grant opportunity.
Tribal nations, cities, counties, towns/townships, soil and water conservation districts, water management organizations, and water districts are eligible to apply.
Total funding available: $750,000
How to apply
The request for proposal (RFP) and application materials can only be viewed through the online SWIFT portal. The RFP is termed an “Event” within the SWIFT system.
- Go to the online SWIFT portal.
- Click on "Bidding opportunities".
- Find the event by name (MPCA-Planning Grants for SWC Resilience) or ID (2000014588).
- Click "View Bid Package" to see the RFP and forms. (There’s no need to log in to see the documents.)
Grant applications are only accepted through the SWIFT portal.
- Register as a bidder in the SWIFT Supplier Portal, (Bidding = "applying")
- Choose "Register for an Account" and then "Register as a Bidder".
If you are already registered in the SWIFT system as a supplier (previously known as a vendor), use your supplier ID. Visit the SWIFT Supplier Portal under “Informational Tips” and “Supplier Portal Help” for more information. For questions about applying through SWIFT, please contact the Vendor Assistance Help Desk at 651-201-8100, option 1.