The Eco Experience is our huge exhibit at the Minnesota State Fair, filled with hands-on activities, demonstrations, and resources. Learn from experts about what you can do to help improve our air, land, water, and climate. We'd love to see you there!
What to see in 2023
- Migrating south for a second visit to the Eco Experience, Virginia, Minnesota’s 23-foot floating loon will help you learn about safer fishing tackle and climate change. Come see this historic Minnesota icon, hear its many calls, and get a free sample of lead-free tackle and a loon temporary tattoo!
- Made from more than 500 pounds of cardboard, our giant moose looms large! In 2020 alone we sent more than 7 million pounds of cardboard to recycling facilities. That’s enough to build 1.5 million of these giant moose!
- Catapult Wiffle balls, take a photo inside an ice house, and visit with community partners to learn about how Minnesota is working on solutions to climate change.
- The Electric Garage has electric vehicles (EVs), E-bikes, an electric snowblower, and an electric lawnmower on display. See what changing from gas to electricity can do for your wallet and for the environment.
- The “World’s Biggest Bike” returns for a fun photo op. Biking is a great way to get around while preserving air quality. Try new habits: Not driving a gas car to work one day a week results in 20% less carbon emissions.
- Stand next to a stack of recycled aluminum ingots weighing more than 2,000 pounds and learn how aluminum scrap gets recycled and made into new products.
- The ever-popular Eco Bingo game is back! Pick up a bingo card at the information desk, visit exhibits throughout Eco Experience to learn about our air, land, water, and climate, and win a fun prize when you get a BINGO!