Let’s Cool It! Connect to the Sun is an indoor and outdoor exhibit experience that shows visitors how they can harness solar energy for power and cool the planet by reducing their use of fossil fuels. Minnesota Renewable Energy Society (MRES) volunteers will pique your curiosity about producing and storing solar electricity and about energy efficiency.
Minnesota Renewable Energy Society is a non-profit that advocates for renewable energies in Minnesota, with an emphasis on solar technologies. MRES will exhibit solar panels and share their expertise at Eco Experience.
Sun Energy focuses on commercial, industrial and utility-scale solar energy.
- Prairie Restoration, Inc.
- Applied Energy Innovations
- Century College
- Erik's Bike Board Ski
- Great River Energy
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Mortenson Company
- Science Museum of Minnesota
- Sundial Solar Energy
- Werner Electric
What you can see and do
In addition to our familiar solar fountain and our popular climate bingo light bulb challenge, Let’s Cool It! Connect to the Sun will include the following features, including a few new ones:
- Community Solar Garden Array and Pollinator Garden outdoors (NEW!)
- Electric bikes on display
- 2019 MRES Solar Boat Regatta winner on display
- Scale model home demonstrating energy efficient features
- LiDAR, an online tool for helping visitors see the solar capacity of their home
- Sonnen home battery storage system
- Repurposed Nissan Leaf battery storage demo (NEW!)
- One daily prize give-a-way—a $50 coupon to Erik’s Bike, Board and Ski
Carbon reduction coding of exhibit components based on Drawdown, a global warming solutions guide edited by Paul Hawken (NEW!)