ReUSE Minnesota works in partnership with the MPCA to document the environmental impacts of the reuse, repair, and rental industry.
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Arc's Value Village
- Hennepin County Master Recycler/Composter program
- Dakota County Master Recycler/Composter program
- Carver-Scott Master Recycler/Composter program
- Frost River Trading Company
- Better Futures
- Avon Plastics
What can you see and do
Enter our prize drawings. Several Minnesota companies have donated products made from recycled materials or durable packs made to last for generations.
Paul Bunyan for textile reuse. Paul has found his voice, and he's got some thoughts to share about tackling textile trash. Minnesotans throw away nearly 12 grocery carts full of clothing and other textiles every minute. A lot of that material can be repaired, reused, or recycled. Our Paul Bunyan stands 15 feet tall, decked out in an outfit made entirely out of re-used textiles. Be like our trusty Paul Bunyan—fashionable and sustainable!
The Repair for Reuse Room. Get a hands-on reuse experience! Our craft/hobby room provides a space for both the seasoned repair person and the new DIYer to sharpen their skills. Activities change daily and include: the opportunity to put together your own basic sewing kit; learn basic hand sewing; identify tools and learn their uses; find out about outdoor gear repair; get into bike repair; and understand what happens when you get rid of your old computers. Each Saturday, Fairgoers can upcycle t-shirts into reusable grocery bags; Sundays offer Fix-It clinics with info on common repairs;
Daily demonstrations by fixit experts at 10am-Noon, 12:30-2:30pm, 3-5pm, and 5:30-7:30pm.
- Thursday, 8/24: Bridging (10-noon) and Fixit-IT Tech (3-5pm and 5:30-7:30pm)
- Friday 8/25: Bridging (10-noon) and Northeast Minneapolis Tool Library (3-5pm and 5:30-7:30pm)
- Saturday 8/26: ReUSE MN - Make a reusable tote bag from a t-shirt
- Sunday 8/27: Hennepin, Dakota and Ramsey County fix-it clinic
- Monday 8/28: Repair Lair – outdoor gear and clothing repair (10-noon, 12:30-2:30pm) and ReUSE MN – Assemble your own sewing kit. (3-5pm and 5:30-7:30pm)
- Tuesday 8/29: Tech Dump demonstrates the computer refurbish & recycling process
- Wednesday 8/30: Companies to Classrooms – hands on bookmaking activity; Drop off spare school supplies.
- Thursday 8/31: Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Friday 9/1: Mr. Michael repairs bicycles
- Saturday 9/2: ReUSE MN - Make a reusable tote bag from a t-shirt
- Sunday 9/3: Hennepin, Ramsey and Dakota County fix-it clinic
- Monday 9/4: ReUSE MN – learn how to sew on buttons; make a back-to-school bookmark.