Have a complaint?

Submit a complaint

Have you seen something that may negatively impact the environment or be in violation of environmental regulations?

Use the complaint form to report it to the MPCA.

  • Online: Complaint form — log in as a Guest (no need to create an account).
  • Phone: 651-296-6300 or 1-800-657-3864 in Greater Minnesota.

Do not use this complaint form if:

  • You are reporting spills of oil or hazardous materials; instead call the HTML icon Minnesota Duty Officer at 1-800-422-0798.
  • You are concerned about unsafe or unhealthy conditions at a worksite; instead file a complaint with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA):
    HTML icon How to file a complaint with OSHA
  • You have an environmental question or comment for the MPCA; instead please use the Ask MPCA online form.


To help regulated parties stay in compliance with rules and regulations, the MPCA conducts onsite inspections, provides training and distributes fact sheets and other guidance materials. The MPCA has a variety of enforcement options when violations occur at permitted sites and facilities. Learn more about enforcement.