MPCA general information

For general inquiries, call 651-296-6300 or toll-free: 800-657-3864, or use your preferred telecommunications relay service. Requests for general information can also be emailed to You can, typically, receive a response within 72 hours.

Information requests

The Minnesota Government Data Practices Act regulates how the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency must handle the data we collect, create, disseminate, maintain and store. To learn to how to request information, visit the Information Request webpage.

Financial assistance - grants and loans

MPCA offers financial assistance for environmental projects in Minnesota.

Staff directories

Report spills and environmental emergencies

Report environmental emergencies by calling the Minnesota Duty Officer at 651-649-5451 or toll-free at 800-422-0798. TTY users can call 651-297-5353 or 800-627-3529 using your preferred telecommunications relay service.

Citizen complaints

If you have information about a pollution problem that you've seen, you can submit it to the MPCA using the form available on the Citizen Complaints page.

Ask the MPCA a question

Ask environmental questions or find the right program or staff person to contact with your questions on specific environmental topics by using the Ask MPCA online form.

Environmental justice

All Minnesotans deserve to live in conditions that support a healthy and fulfilling life. One important part of this is living in an environment with clean air, clean water, and unpolluted land. Working to achieve this is at the heart of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency’s mission to protect and improve our environment and human health. Read more on the MPCA and Environmental Justice page.