Resources for wood-finishing industries
- Calculating Air Emissions from Coating Operations
- Final NESHAP for Wood Furniture Finishing (fact sheet)
- Work Practice Standards -- Work Practice Implementation Plan
- Wood Finishing Demonstration Project Final Report
- Final Report for 1996-1997 Leadership Grant: Building Partnerships through Compliance Assistance and Pollution Prevention to Achieve Environmental Improvement in the Wood Finishing Industry
- Rule and Implementation Information for Wood Furniture Manufacturing Operations NESHAP
- Wood Furniture Finishing NESHAP, 40 CFR Part 63, Subpart JJ
- Paints and Coatings Resource Center
- MnTAP Painting and Wood Finishing Information
Going Beyond Compliance - wood finishing
Benefits of going beyond compliance for wood finishing:
- Water-based finishes have fewer worker health and safety issues than solvent-based coatings.
- Water-based finishes will help maintain Very Small Quantity Generator (VSQG) hazardous waste status even if you are increasing production.
- Respond to a growing market for “green” wood products.
Consider these green ideas:
- Lease reusable wipe rags from an industrial laundry service.
- Optimize use of cleaning solvent by implementing a two-stage cleaning process.
- Adjust the fluid delivery pressure and nozzle size on the spray equipment to gain optimum efficiency.
- Train operators on the best spray techniques to reduce the amount of product used.
- Consider purchasing equipment with a higher transfer efficiency.