Financial assistance for brownfield redevelopment

Resource guide for brownfield funding opportunities

HTML icon Minnesota Brownfields - A Resource Guide

This thorough reference book provides an overview of loan, grant, reimbursement, tax assistance and technical assistance programs provided by federal, state and local government agencies to help investigate and cleanup contaminated sites. Prepared by the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development, the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, and Minnesota Brownfields.

Letters of support for U.S. EPA brownfields grants

If you are planning to apply for U.S. EPA Brownfields Assessment, Revolving Loan Fund, and/or Cleanup Grant funds, please be aware that the U.S. EPA requires grant applicants to obtain a Letter of Support from the MPCA. Guidelines for the Brownfields Assessment, Revolving Loan Fund and Cleanup Grants can be found on the U.S. EPA brownfields funding webpage.

Please submit a brief description of the project and the specific site eligibility requirements and property ownership eligibility requirements to the MPCA at least 2 weeks prior to the date of your deadline. The eligibility requirements may vary depending on the grant. You should review the requirements carefully, specifically the areas referencing Letter from the State, prior to submitting your request to avoid delays. Please refer to the U.S. EPA web site above for the specific requirements. The MPCA will issue one letter for sites with hazardous substances commingled with petroleum. Requests may be made via U.S. mail or e-mail.

Contacts for letters of support