State agencies, local government units, and cooperative purchasing venture members support Minnesota’s sustainable purchasing efforts by using sustainable state contracts. Learn more about your roles, requirements, and our Sustainable Procurement Program:
- Statutory requirements for state agencies, public entities
- Sustainable Procurement Charter (p-p2s1-09)
The State’s Sustainable Procurement Charter is a partnership between MPCA and OSP. These agencies set the goals, and create sustainable contracts. All cabinet agencies are asked to:
- Use sustainable state contracts
- Support the principles of sustainable procurement established within this charter
- Participate in contract user groups and provide feedback on contract terms when the contract is necessary to meet the business needs of the agency
- Participate in the quarterly Solid Waste and Procurement Workgroup meeting
- Office of Enterprise Sustainability — The Sustainable Procurement Program works closely with the State of Minnesota's Office of Enterprise Sustainability on the focus area of procurement. The Office of Enterprise Sustainability (OES) supports state agencies by helping to ensure state government operations save money by implementing socially and environmentally responsible solutions.
- Product categories: sustainable contracts, priority contracts, tools, resources and guidance, MPCA case studies.
- Developing a sustainable purchasing policy
- Sustainable purchasing resources and guidance
- Sustainable procurement community — Learn more about the organizations working on sustainable procurement, including our local GREEN Group, GreenStep Cities, and national groups