Renewing the Countryside presents Best if Used, an exhibition calling attention to the important issue surrounding the prevention of food waste. Forty percent of food is wasted in the United States and yet one in eight Americans struggles with food insecurity. The exhibit will explain the many points in our food system where waste can be prevented and offer solutions that help us all minimize waste.
Cooking demos, food samples, and Peace Coffee samples will be available.
Renewing the Countryside strengthens rural areas by sharing stories of rural renewal, and providing assistance and opportunities to rural advocates.
Peace Coffee works to protect the environment, strengthen our communities, and delight your taste buds through organically grown, fair-trade coffee
- Hennepin County
- Organic Valley
Food for thought
Things that make you go "mmmmmm."
Peace Coffee celebrates more than 20 years of sourcing, roasting, and sharing exceptional organic, fairly traded coffee — join us for free coffee tastings every day from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.!
Live cooking demonstrations with local chefs will be on the Sustainability Stage daily at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Aug. 23: Mark Augustine, Minneapolis Public Schools | Culinary and Wellness Services
- Aug. 24: Nicci Sylvester, Tonic Local Kitchen & Juice Bar
- Aug. 25: Yia Vang, Union Kitchen
- Aug. 26: Ross & Linnea Logas, The Moral Omnivore
- Aug. 27: Kimberly Olson, Grandma's Gourmet
- Aug. 28: Carrie Riggs, Alma: Café, Hotel, & Restaurant
- Aug. 29: Kelly McManus & Zachary Duwenhoegger, Dumpling & Strand, Noodlers at Large
- Aug. 30: Ann Ahmed, Lemon Grass Thai and Sushi
- Aug. 31: Saba Andualem, Urban Roots
- Sept. 1: Tony Dimaggio, Sacred Blossom Farm and Herbal Tea
- Sept. 2: Ruhel Islam, Gandhi Mahal
- Sept. 3: Tammy Wong, Rainbow Restaurant