TMDL policy and guidance
- DRAFT Category 4b Demonstrations: Answers to FAQs (wq-iw1-36) – send comments to email@example.com
- DRAFT MPCA Guidance for Category 4b Requests Developed by Third Parties (wq-iw1-37) – send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webcast of briefing with EPA on Category 4b demonstrations, March 10, 2011
- 2007 Guidance Manual for Assessing the Quality of Minnesota Surface Waters for the Determination of Impairment
- Volunteer Surface Water Monitoring Guide
- TMDL Report Template
- TMDL Work Plan Guidance
- TMDL Project Budget Template (to save a copy of the Excel spreadsheet file, either open the link and select "File" > "Save As" or place your cursor on the link, click the right button on your mouse and select, "save target as" from the popup menu.)
- Required Language for TMDLs in Minnesota
- Daily Means Daily - Guidance for TMDLs and Wastewater Sources (wq-iw1-32)
- Stormwater requirements related to TMDL development
- Protocols for TMDL Development: Guidance for developing five types of TMDLs.
- Introduction to Protocols
- Biota (posted in October 2008)
This draft protocol document provides guidance for completing TMDLs for fish and aquatic macroinvertebrate biological impairments. It includes a discussion of the key data and analysis techniques required to complete the EPA's Stressor Identification process, and lists the submittal requirements for TMDLs. Comments are encouraged and appreciated.
- Bacteria (posted in April 2009)
- This revised protocols document is currently in draft form. Comments may be submitted to: Kelli.Daberkow@state.mn.us. Kelli may also be contacted at 507-476-4251.
- TMDL Summary Table - To be completed and inserted in all draft TMDLs.
- Stormwater requirements related to TMDL implementation
- Pre-TMDL phosphorus permitting: A draft guidance for issuing water quality permits for discharge to impaired waters.