This project addresses 1 impairment: turbidity, on one segment of the Knife River from the headwaters of the Knife River to Lake Superior. The St. Louis County Soil and Water Conservation District has completed the TMDL study for turbidity. The TMDL was completed and approved by EPA in 2010.
Map and location
The Knife River is located within the Lake Superior - South watershed of the Lake Superior Basin.
TMDL report and implementation plan
- TMDL Project - Knife River: Factsheet
- TMDL Project - Knife River: Final TMDL Report
- TMDL Project - Knife River: EPA Approval Letter (July 2, 2010)
- TMDL Project - Knife River: Knife River Implementation Plan for Turbidity (December 9, 2011)
- South St. Louis SWCD - Knife River TMDL
- Lake Superior Streams - Knife River
- Lake Superior Streams
- Lake Superior Basin
Greg Johnson, Project Manager
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
520 Lafayette Rd N
St. Paul, MN 55155