This webpage covers two Carver Creek Lakes TMDL projects: 1) A combined project addressing Goose, Hydes, Miller, and Winkler Lakes and 2) Benton Lake. They all exceed the State of Minnesota’s water quality standard for nutrients (phosphorus). Carver County Land and Water Services is taking the technical lead in both developing this TMDL study and coordinating implementation activities to restore these water bodies.
Map and location
The Carver Creek Lakes are located in Carver County, west of the Twin Cities metro area. The lakes are in the Lower Minnesota River watershed within the Minnesota River Basin, in areas that are primarily rural.
These five lake impairments included in this project can be viewed on the map.
- Goose Lake
- Hydes Lake
- Miller Lake
- Winkler Lake
- Benton Lake
More maps are available on the TMDL maps page.
Goose, Hydes, Miller, and Winkler Lakes TMDL report and implementation plan
- Fact sheet - Carver Creek Lakes Draft TMDL: Excess Nutrients (Phosphorus) (wq-iw7-25a)
- Final TMDL Report (wq-iw7-25e)
- EPA Approval Letter (September 28, 2010) (wq-iw7-25g)
- TMDL Implementation Plan (November 12, 2010) (wq-iw7-25c)
Benton Lake TMDL report and implementation plan
- Benton Lake TMDL: Final TMDL Report
- Benton Lake TMDL: EPA Approval Letter
- Benton Lake TMDL: TMDL Implementation Plan (September 16, 2013)
Eric Alms, Project Manager
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
520 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155