With priority contracts, you can make purchases at the highest level of environmental, social, and economic responsibility in order to help drive the market for sustainable goods and services. The State prioritizes product categories and specific state contracts for the inclusion of sustainability requirements based on the environmental impact of the contract.
The State of Minnesota Executive Order 19-27 establishes a sustainable procurement goal: sustainable purchases make up 25% of the total spending on priority contracts by 2025.
When state agencies purchase from these contracts, that spend is considered “sustainable” and contributes to the sustainable procurement goal. We consider contracts to be “100% sustainable” when all products offered on the contract meet specified sustainability requirements. Select purchases from the remaining contracts can also count toward the sustainable procurement goal.
If you are a state agency, or a Cooperative Purchasing Venture Member, you can access the secure area of the Office of State Procurement website, where you will find state contracts. To find the sustainable contract you need, enter the Contract Release letter-number codes shown next to the contracts below (e.g. C-252(5)) into the “contract release number” search bar on the main page in the secure area. The search results page will provide hyperlinks to the Contract Releases for the contracts associated with that number. On the contract release you will find vendor information, price lists, and other information needed to purchase on contract. If you are interested in becoming a CPV member, please check out the CPV website and handout.
- Cleaning chemicals (C-252, C-983) — 100% sustainable
- Carpet and flooring (C-432) — 100% sustainable
- Office furniture (F-379) — 100% sustainable
- Refurbished furniture (F-464) — 100% sustainable
- Ballasts & lamps (B-308, L-290) — 100% sustainable
- Computers and imaging equipment (C-1046, C-871, C-1005)
- Office paper & toner (O-86, P-942, P-661)
- Janitorial paper (O-86, P-942, P-661)
- MINNCOR cleaners & office furniture (M-566)
- Wireless hardware & services (T-535)
- Network equipment, maintenance, & support (T-653)
- Painting (P-719)
- Audio visual products, equipment, service, rental (A-203)
- Systems furniture and related services (F-522)