Resources to help you drive the market for sustainable goods and services by making purchases that demonstrate the highest level of environmental, social, and economic responsibility.
The State of Minnesota Executive Order 19-27 establishes a sustainable procurement goal that sustainable purchases make up 25% of the total spending on priority contracts by 2025. The State prioritizes product categories and specific state contracts for the inclusion of sustainability requirements based on the environmental impact of the contract.
We consider contracts to be 100% sustainable when all products offered on the contract meet specified sustainability requirements. When state agencies purchase from these contracts, that money spent is considered sustainable and contributes to the sustainable procurement goal in Executive Order 17-12. For the remaining priority contracts, select purchases from those contracts count toward the sustainable procurement goal.
- Cleaning chemicals (C-252, C-983) — 100% sustainable
- Carpet and flooring (C-432) — 100% sustainable
- Office furniture (F-379) — 100% sustainable
- Refurbished furniture (F-464) — 100% sustainable
- Ballasts & lamps (B-308, L-290) — 100% sustainable
- Computers and imaging equipment (C-1046, C-871, C-1005)
- Office paper & toner (O-86, P-942, P-661)
- Janitorial paper (O-86, P-942, P-661)
- MINNCOR cleaners & office furniture (M-566)
- Wireless hardware & services (T-535)
- Network equipment, maintenance, & support (T-653)
- Painting (P-719)
- Audio visual products, equipment, service, rental (A-203)
- Systems furniture and related services (F-522)