Existing buildings represent a significant investment in resources — time, material, energy, and money. Much of this investment is lost when a building is demolished. Relocating a building can eliminate the labor, waste and hazardous disposal costs associated with traditional demolition.
In addition to a return on investment, there are many benefits of relocating a structure.
- Structural movers have years of experience.
- Average cost to move a structure is approximately $12 to $16 per square foot.
- Supports the local economy
- Preserves the tax base
- Historical and community preservation
- Avoided landfill disposal
While moving a structure has many benefits, there are a few things to consider:
- Moving a structure requires planning and coordination
- Many not be the most expedient or inexpensive method
- Heavier homes and longer distance increases the cost
- Railroad tracks and raising utility wires increase the cost
Find a professional mover
The Minnesota Building Movers Association provided a list of Minnesota structural movers.