Want to know where to compost your material? Are you looking for the nearest site that sells compost? The compost site map database shows the location of permitted Minnesota’s yard waste and source-separated organics compost sites.
Check out the compost site map.
Note: Call the site or visit their website to learn if they’re open for material drop-offs or if they sell their finished product. Some sites only accept certain types of materials, are only open to residents of their host community, or have limited hours of operation.
How to use the map
There are several different ways you can use the interactive compost locator tool.
- Use the Near Me function. Enter your zip-code, city or county to find a location near you
- Use the search bar. Enter the facility name or permit number in the search field
Tip: Expand the mile radius using the mile slider bar.
Using the tools on the map
- Click an icon inside the map for details about the site.
- Use the layers icon to show Minnesota Department of Agriculture’s quarantine areas and general infestations for emerald ash borer (EAB). Once this layer is active, the legend will display information about these areas.
- Use the filter to select compost types