State statute: Text of the law
2016 Session Law: Chapter 166 - H.F. 2841; signed by the governor May 31, 2016.
- Minnesota Electronics Recycling Act: 2015 Legislative Session amendments
- Minnesota Electronics Recycling Act: 2009 Legislative Session amendments
- Minnesota Electronics Recycling Act (Minn. Stat. 115A.1310 to 115A.1330)
The MPCA scheduled three meetings in fall 2015 to discuss potential changes to the Minnesota Electronics Recycling Act during the 2016 legislative session.
November 17, 2015 meeting documents
Sept. 9, 2015 meeting documents
- Meeting Agenda 9-9-15
- MPCA presentation 9-9-15
- MN-PSC e-Waste forum report
- Discussion of Local Government Infrastructure
- Waste Electronic Forum Participants private-gov
- City electronics collections
- County-city e-waste cost profile
- A report on local government e-waste forums (Minnesota Product Stewardship Council)
Oct. 21, 2015 meeting documents
- Meeting Agenda 10-21-15
- CEA Presentation for MN E-waste Meeting Oct. 21 2015
- Hennepin County Data Tables
- E-waste Program Data Table 2015
Registration forms must be completed each program year.
Manufacturer registrations are due Aug. 15. The required form details company contacts and information on brand/device types. Registration for program year 11 requires payment of the base registration fee as calculated using the reporting form.
Collectors and recyclers registered in past program years receive an e-mail to review old information and make updates as necessary. If you did not receive this message, contact MPCA for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-757-2211, 800-657-3864 toll free.
Permit by rule
Recyclers of "covered electronic devices" are subject to requirements that affect all recycling facilities in Minnesota. Recyclers with Minnesota facilities for recycling electronics are required to complete an application for a Permit by Rule.
MPCA has hosted targeted stakeholder forums for recyclers. Agency staff worked with U.S. EPA to explain the evolving rules regarding the recycling of electronics, especially the changes involving CRTs.