The MPCA recently launched a new search tool for information on Minnesota lakes and streams. You can now search by lake, stream or city name, or by using an interactive state map.
For example, clicking on the Mississippi River from the St. Croix to Chippewa River brings up a “dashboard,” or overview of water quality indicators:
- Water body description and location information
- Overall conditions
- Recreation use
- Fish consumption advisory information
The new search tool also lists MPCA actions in the watershed, MPCA contacts and local government contacts. In addition, you can view a map of land use and monitoring sites in the watershed.
There is also an advanced search feature that provides data and search options for:
- Technical descriptions such as use classification and ecoregion
- Water monitoring data by station
- Water quality assessments
- TMDL and Water Restoration and Protection (WRAP) projects.