More than $15 million in zero-interest loans is available to cities and other government entities to address non-point source pollution through the Clean Water Partnership program.
Eligible projects include:
- Urban green infrastructure such as rain water reuse, green roofs, porous pavement, or any stormwater best management practice (BMP)
- Buffers: purchase of native seeds and vegetation
- Septic system upgrades and replacements
- Technical assistance, outreach, and education
- Equipment such as conservation tillage equipment
- Any nonpoint source BMP
- Feedlot upgrades and replacement
Project sponsors can use the loans to implement projects directly or to set up a loan fund for landowners and other stakeholders. Government entities may apply to the MPCA at any time.
See the Clean Water Partnership loans for more information, or contact: